6th National Thalassaemia Conference and Workshops

• 79 Replies

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
Re: 6th National Thalassaemia Conference and Workshops
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »
Yeah Umair i got it confirmed ... i had to buy new ticket and travel from riyadh o lahore via bahrain ,its 12 hour i will reach the destination .... i will b there on friday InshALLAH .... u guys just tell me at what time conference wud begin  so i wud come there at time ...
Waleed

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 01:56:36 AM »
Waleed,
when u reach Pakistan , just keep your Cell ON  ( with that same no# u gave me ) and just give me a message ,  i will share all the details with you ...  Best of luck my  friend , looking forward to meet u ASAP  :) .....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »
i know u people r waiting for my part of story n u people r expecting a series of long posts from me , and u people feels that i  will  write alot abt conference and will share my xpereince of attending the 1st Thal or any conference ever in my life .... and u people knows that i wil post that all bfore sleeping 1st night at home after conference ... i wanted to take my laptop there but due to uncertain programe and availability of internet connection there ,  i left this at home n went .... i wanted to meet maximum thalpals there in conference , ... .i think this story is longvor getting longer and u people are tired of reading this all lines i wrote above  , so , long story short " i met to many thalpals the  and  it was nice to meet them all thanx for taking time n coming there n giving time to me and spending time around   "  .... n , sorry to those to whom i didn't give time or to whom i didn't manage to catch .. i tried my best to catch each n every thalpal but if i still missed someone  then .......... better luck next time yaar ,  but , sorry to those to whom i didn't manage to give proper company :) .... hahaha, i think i was behaving like the same funny, n kiddy umair at conference , and as i usualy say that " m not as cool as i looks like in the picture at thalpal :D ... "  i know many of u people would agree to thiss.........

Umair

dont worry my  thalpalz , it was just a cracker post to say  u b readdy possible long post ... it was just a warm-up post to increase ur stamina of reading post ;) ... i willtry to post story soon  ....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:13:33 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2009, 04:50:35 AM »
umair,
waiting for ur story......
Abbas

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
As dramatic as ever Umair  :heehee
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 10:46:58 AM »
Umair is here again ,.. :wink.. .............. . ..
1st of all , Thanx to Ayesha for collecting  sharing information regarding the timings , dates and all info abt conference ... othvice there was lack of info and a few diss information  :rotfl , but it was great effort of TFP n other NGOs which organised that all , and it was an informative conference , lots of info related to the many issues especially one of topic of interest Hep-C treatment workshop , that answered many of my concerns ..... i m ready for treatment now , i met lots of my thalpals n other thals , i will try to write down the list ......  i think u people r affraid of long post so i m going to shorten this post and the short story is " BOHAT ACHA LAGA SUB THALPALS SEY MIL KAR AUR CONFERENCE ATTEND KAR KY :yahoo " ( it was NICE to meet many of my thalpals and attending conference was a gr8 experience ) ......

Umair

Kahaani abhi baqi hai !!  :rotfl  .....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:24:30 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Fadd

• Fadd
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »
Dear Friends,

i had been thinking and plannig to write something about the conference, bu couldn't take some time out. FInally Umair has started the conversation :)..
 I only attended the one day of the conference which was held in Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore, and that too because Fatimid gave up my name as the one who would be attending the "Executive Board Meeting" of the TFP (Thalassemia Federation of Pakistan) members.
The inauguration was made. the members and the host had their words, told that how the TFP came into being, its ongoing projects, and collaborations with the Govt. etc.. Then the shields were given to those who showed outstanding performance in education, or other sectors of life..
After that there was a refreshment. and finally there was a meeting of the Executive Board Members. I and Rida were there to represent Fatimid from Lahore center. their were other children from other center too. Tariq and Laiba were also in the meeting as the observers.
The meeting discussed the ways to raise the funds and other issues.
I also met Umair, Ayesha there. It was nice meeting all them.

Fouad
Fadd

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »
Okiey ,
1st Day :-
as Fouad has mentioned first day was at PC hotel Lahore ....
as i was in contact with my thalpal via my cell , and was trying to convince them to come n join ... when i contacted Tariq bhai , he told me his train was a lil bit late .. but when i reached lahore i heard that they just reached hotel n mayb they would  unable to attend 1st day ... i reached there  at  time or mayb a few minutes late .... i was looking around n sending SMS to y thalpals to know where they are ... as when i contacted Tariq bhai told me that mayb they cant attend the day ....i was in car that time , i contact other members  and they told me they also cant manage to attend the day ... i was feeling really sad at that time ... then i made a plan to do some Drama ( dramay baziyan :grin )  and sent a message to all my thalpals that i m not gonna attend 2nd day if they cant meet me today ... i dont  know if it was plan or anything else but finally i met to all  but didn't meet  to a few thalpals of Lahore .....but 1st thalpal i met there was Tariq bhai , i was completely in-touch    with him so when he arrived at PC hotel he sent me an sms n informed me that he is at PC hotel now .. i was went toward the door of hall to catch hm earlier .... and  waited for him ,  he was along with his friends m, but easy to identify :P ....  it was really a super moment for me to meet n shake hand with him n his friends  and yeah Umar bhai too , i knew him too ... ( mayb Tariq took some time to recognise me and iwasn't as much easy to recognise as other was ... as i m changed too much as i look's in my pic ... [ mein ny tau pehlay kaha tha k main etna cool nahi houn jitna os pic mein dikhta houn  :rotfl ]  ) .....

after that :
 i spent a lil bit time with them n went back to my seat n start finding other buddies ... i was looking for  Fouad ( i wasn't sure if he is coming or not , i had no contact no# of him  so wat can i do was just looking around n  keep looking ...then hi-tea programe :P , and then  we all started meeting each other n introducing our self to each other , it was realy a super xperience......   i met my doc there , n she appreciated my presence there n  introduced my self to a few other doctors n told them about my history abt all to wat i went through in past , and abt my recent health condition ...
during this i saw a man who was just planing to go ... i went near him and asked " r u Fouad ?? " he said "yes , n u ?? " and then mayb he guesed or  i introduced myself ..  then we had a lil chat n then he wanted to go bcoze he had many things to do ... then i went back to Tariq bhai n his friends , meeting Umer was such a nice experience , he is also a nice guy ... very polite n friendly  :) ...  when i was abt to go  i met my doc again , she had a lil chat with  me n my father encouraging me to attend the conference in future too .. .

---------------------------------------------------------------------
once again Thanx Ayesha for keep updating the info reagrding dates, venues, programe and tiimings of the conference :) , othervice it was imposible for me to attend the conference ..... Thanx alot ... :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

will soon write abt 2nd day ....

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:55:53 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »
Umair,

It seems like you had fun  :biggrin

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
Asalaam o alaikum

We all MashaAllah had great time.., as per my assumptions I knew we won't get to listen anything new, but still there were few things, I have made notes, will write them properly and post it here soon... (will try to post it within this week, I came back very late last night, right now have to go for Test then tomorrow for Transfusion)

Am being called by Dawn News (TV Channel) for an interview tomorrow at their studio... so quiet a busy week for me *sigh* I hope I manage to represent the Pakistani Thalassemics well.

Keep praying, and stay tuned for the notes and interview fun ;)

I had GREAT time with Thal Pals I met at Conference :) Thank you so much guys!!

Take Cares, Allah Hafiz
-Ayesha
-Ayesha

Offline Fadd

• Fadd
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2009, 02:00:54 PM »
Dear Umair, you made my work easy by writing all the details. Well yes i was heading for the meeting at the time when you came up...

Dear Ayesha, I can surely say that you would represent the whole Thalassemic family in a very proficient manner. Yes you can do it. Plz also inform us about the timing at which it would go on air., or the repeat telecast timmings.
Wish you a good and busy week ahead

Fouad
Fadd

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »
I will be waiting for the notes, kuch pata tu chalay kia hua tha conference main
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »
i forgot to mention  tha  , my doc ws soo happy while she was introducing me to other docs there ... but the memorable moment of that day was when i first met to my doc and she introduced me to other docs :) , she ws so excited :) n me too ....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:50:06 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Alright, am done with pictures, video and notes :) check the link

http://tfpak.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/notes-6th-national-thalassemia-conference-workshops/
-Ayesha

Offline Dori

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
It is so nice to hear your stories. I can't wait for the conferences I will attend in 2010.  :hugfriend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk