Offline Poirot

Re: Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »
And, your or Led's point being????

:rotfl

Poirot

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 01:55:59 AM »
Do I bite my tongue or do I just bite the bullet?
So what's your point?
I'm not here to argue, I'm just minding my own business, trying to post a song.
Is that ok with you?
If you're not aware, I have been known to post songs in the past, from the MSN groups and thal forum.
The songs that I post say what I'm thinking or feeling at the time.
Are you the new moderator?
I'm sorry If you didn't like the song.
I'll try selecting a better song next time, just to please you.
(I'll even dedicate my next song to you and I'll even highlight your name on it.)
But then again, how do you please someone who wouldn't know a good song if it hit them on their head?

Are you trying to say that I can't post what I'm listening to or at least what I'm feeling?
I've had a rough week, and I'm not in the mood for criticism.
I just posted this great song to share it with you all.

Just let you know that it was me that posted Linkin Park - Crawlin'..Because you haven't criticised that one yet.
If you're gonna go out of your way to criticise, make it consistent at least.

So why only reply to this post?
Both songs had their own subject

I don't get it though..Almost all your replies to my posts have been negative.
You must like putting people down.

AD

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 05:14:56 AM »
Hey Poirot you just can't blame anyone for the wrong doing of someone else. The recent remarks of Viz and you in the bombing thread reflect the same thing but I didn't reply to it as I promised Andy that I won't post on that thread anymore since you were pi$$ed off about the bombings. But you just don't know when to quit hurting other peoples' feelings.

When will you understand that these terrorists are not Muslims and they don't deserve to be called Muslims. The word Muslim is derived from the word Islam which means peace and thus Muslim is one from whom everyone remains in peace. These terrorists are not following the teachings of the Holy Prophet and The Holy Quran and it is a simple rule: "One who does not follow the teachings of the Holy Prophet and The Holy Quran is not a Muslim"

You can't just blame Muslims/Pakistanis for the ill doing of a particular group that have nothing to do with Islam.

I will have to ask you to stop making offensive remarks to everyone.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Poirot

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 05:36:24 AM »
Do I bite my tongue or do I just bite the bullet?
So what's your point?
I'm not here to argue, I'm just minding my own business, trying to post a song.
Is that ok with you?

Oooops, I am very sorry, AD ..... I was not razzing you or puting you down or anything like that ....... I just found the song to be funny .... sandy storms in Kashmir?? ..... So, I was just wondering whether the song was meant to be a travelogue or a love song or what?  :biggrin    Please forgive me if I insulted your song.

And, I don't remember putting you down at any other time, too .......

I guess humour does not always come through on these posts. My bad.

Poirot

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 06:32:41 AM »
whoot another post! Did someone call me my ears are burning

Offline Poirot

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »
The recent remarks of Viz and you in the bombing thread reflect the same thing but I didn't reply to it as I promised Andy that I won't post on that thread anymore since you were pi$$ed off about the bombings.

Since you posted anyway, despite Andy's injunctions, you should have had the integrity of posting in the correct thread instead of calling me names in another.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »
I said "In that thread" meaning relating to that particular incident of the trains. While now I am referring to comments of Vazirani and your support to his comments.

Vazirani,
You should better know that the story was pretty much the same on both sides during the partition. In fact it was worse for us as the Sikhs and Hindus united to kill off any remaining Muslims. My grand parents were lucky enough to escape alive from their mansion being raided in Amritsir and flee to Pakistan, but arriving here they had to greet the trains filled with dead immigrants including their relatives.

As for the present, we have our share of violence from across the border to destabilize our country; such as killing of priests, targeting minorities' Churches/shrines and bombings in Sunni - Shia gatherings to erupt sectarian violence.

You will never hear about the death tolls in Pakistani Kashmir as they are living peacefully while on the other hand in the Indian Occupied Kashmir there is daily news of numbers of innocent people killed by BSF in their mask of killing so called "freedom fighters".

This is my reply to your posts as you have offended me I will not sit quietly letting you ramble against my Religion and Country. And now: enough said! you guys. This is a Thalassemia support forum; not "Hate Thy neighbour" forum. So think twice before posting stuff that will offend someone.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 03:18:54 PM »
from one of your leading dailies

"Pakistan: We helped foil UK terror plot"

Thats so delusional!

Forget religion anyway when is your failed state gonna become "Republic of Pakistan"

That will take care of terrorists dont you think?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
I don't think you'll find many people in Kashmir that want India or Pakistan controlling their country.

And as far as governments, none of us have anything to brag about....we the people just aren't being considered by politicians anywhere.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »
I don't think you'll find many people in Kashmir that want India or Pakistan controlling their country.
Since you are commenting on this, let me set the facts right, at least. The whole of Kashmir can be divided into four areas: The northern areas, the valley of Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh. The northern areas are technically under the control of Pakistan, but really run by "independent" Pashtun tribals (kinsmen to the Taliban). India controls about 75% of the Kashmir valley (25% controlled by Pakistan), 100% of the Jammu region, and 75% of the Ladakh region (25% controlled by China, bet you didn't know that).

Now, if you ask anyone in Jammu and Ladakh, they don't want to be "independent", they are happy to be part of India. You are probably right, as far as the valley of Kashmir goes but a lot of it is due to pressure from the terrorists and the pain they have suffered from Indian forces, too. If you remove the terrorists, you may come up with a different answer altogether, for all we know.

And, I am not just saying this for the heck of it. If you are not aware, Andy, we went through this cycle once before in the state of Punjab, when it seemed like the majority of the residents wanted an independent state, Khalistan. That demand vanished the moment the militants were defeated by police action. Today, Punjab is once again peaceful and prosperous. And, I remember that even the militants of Punjab used to get help from a friendly neighbour.

So, you will excuse me if we do not give up on the kashmiris, yet. Actually, the genesis of the problem of Kashmir is interesting: When Kashmir decided to accede to India, it posed an existential crisis for Pakistan. The reason being how could a majority muslim state decide to join secular, kaffir India? Then, of course, India did its part to screw up the state with rigged elections and imprisoning Sheikh Abduallah and other brain-dead activities.

For anyone really interested in the story of Kashmir, I would recommend reading the book, "Kashmir: Beyond the vale" by M J Akbar.

PS: The govt of Pakistan has put the head of Lashkar-e-Toiba, Sayed, under house arrest this week. I find this ironic for two reasons: first, the govt of Pakistan has always denied that this "gentleman" was in their territory, whenever India asked for his extradition, second, this is in response to the UK arrests this week.

And as far as governments, none of us have anything to brag about....we the people just aren't being considered by politicians anywhere.

At last something we agree on .......  :biggrin

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:07:21 AM by Poirot »

Offline jzd24

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 05:44:01 AM »
Hey all,
     I for one enjoy when Aston posts songs - it's a nice change from everything else, and being a songwriter, I know how important music is to some people. This particular song was probably written at least 2 decades ago, and was I would guess, a dream-like song probably written when the writer was in an altered state. It's a great song. I don't think it had much to do with politics, but correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe there's something I don't know about it.  Keep posting songs, Aston, because that is important to you, and some of us enjoy it.  :whistle
     I don't know that much about the politics going on, but Sajid's point rings true - you just can't condemn a whole group of people because of radical, violent factions. I'm so sorry for any people who suffer from the hands of violence, and I am greatly disturbed by those who use religion as a way to justifly violence. I think many of us can agree on those points.
     In our own little thalassemia world, I plan to keep spreading around the love, peace, and support that I know is good for all of us. Jean  :love

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 05:53:29 AM »
Ahhh.... Jean,

Finally I hear someone agreeing that we should not blame everyone of a particular region/religion for the acts of a handful of people.

Thank you very much Jean.

Peace,
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »
Do politics have to be brought up in every thread?   :(

Let's keep the peace around here, ok?  Pretty please?  :flirt

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 01:21:15 PM »
Forget religion anyway when is your failed state gonna become "Republic of Pakistan"

Well, your politicians are no Angels themselves! :talktothehand
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk