Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

• 71 Replies

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
Re: Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »
I didnt say that I was bored or fed up..But this thread has gone on far too long and I think I can speak for some in here that enough is enough..

I didnt take it personally but I think that some in here need to chill and not take things too personally....

I like coming in here and reading up on the posts but when they drag on they do become far fetched...

I am sorry if I have upset any but thats my opinion, if you dont like it..well its only  a site and I dont personally worry about what others says..

Thanks
Smurfette

Offline Poirot

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2006, 06:26:35 AM »
Are we still going on about this song...

Song?? What song?????

:rotfl

Poirot

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »
Is this post still active?
I think I might just ask Andy to pull the plug on this post.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Andy you have my blessings.
DELETE any future postings that is unrelated to the "SONG - KASHMIR (Remember it was all about a song)
I'd like to apologise to any one who was upset to any of the replies to my post.
And secondly, I'd like to apologise to the band Led Zeppelin who made a great song, and we've turned into a war zone.
We have killed a great song.
If I knew it was gonna end up like this, I would not of bothered posting it.

GET OVER IT...IT'S JUST A SONG!

It seems like we are all missing the point.
This is a thal website, where people come to meet people and make new friends from around the world - patients, parents and friends come here to read, write and view one's opinions.
I'm disgusted in some of the behaviour..Shame on you, and you all know who you are.
That's the main reason why I have not bothered posting here any more.
Kind of sad really.
We're here to help each other, not insult and hurt each others feelings.
In future when you want to post something on this website, can you just keep the politics out of it.
You're scaring all our new members away, and I'm sure Lisa wouldn't want that.
Remember Treat people with respect regardless of colour, race, or religion & beliefs.
And treat them, how you'd like them to treat you.

This site was intended for HELPING each other, If you think otherwise, then I think you've got problems.

PEACE

LOVE

NOT WAR

Regards

AD
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:22:26 PM by AstonDialo »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2006, 02:22:50 PM »
Great post AD!  :thumbsup

You're scaring all our new members away, and I'm sure Lisa wouldn't want that.
Remember Treat people with respect regardless of colour, race, or religion & beliefs.
And treat them, how you'd like them to treat you.

I couldn't agree with you more. Is this what we want new members, or even long time members, seeing as representative of what our group is? There was one thing I saw from Lisa that there can be no dispute about. Lisa had a strong belief in acceptance and tolerance and it's time this group got back to following those beliefs.

One thing that bothers me a lot about this is, while people are waiting for answers to posts relating to THALASSEMIA, many members who are very experienced and could offer insight into these problems that are raised, are instead consumed with politicial issues which have no relevance to this forum. Before you post about non-thal issues, please look at the board and see if there are issues you can comment on , and post something that may actually help someone solve a problem.

And if things get out of hand again, I will not hesitate to start deleting posts that offend.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
And you can delete this post if you wish I really don't mind but I thought I might post it because the lyrics say exactly what war is ....a load of crap.

May all this bickering end on this site and lets start focussing on issues that are relevent to all here but not forgetting the general friendly side of things also.

War, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh
War, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, y'all

War, huh, good God
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me

Ohhh, war, I despise
Because it means destruction
Of innocent lives

War means tears
To thousands of mothers eyes
When their sons go to fight
And lose their lives

I said, war, huh
Good God, y'all
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again

War, whoa, Lord
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing
But a heartbreaker
War, friend only to the undertaker
Ooooh, war
It's an enemy to all mankind
The point of war blows my mind
War has caused unrest
Within the younger generation
Induction then destruction
Who wants to die
Aaaaah, war-huh
Good God y'all
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it, say it, say it
War, huh
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me

War, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh
War, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again y'all
War, huh, good God
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
War, it's got one friend
That's the undertaker
Ooooh, war, has shattered
Many a young mans dreams
Made him disabled, bitter and mean
Life is much to short and precious
To spend fighting wars these days
War can't give life
It can only take it away

Ooooh, war, huh
Good God y'all
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again

War, whoa, Lord
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
War, friend only to the undertaker
Peace, love and understanding
Tell me, is there no place for them today
They say we must fight to keep our freedom
But Lord knows there's got to be a better way

Ooooooh, war, huh
Good God y'all
What is it good for
You tell me
Say it, say it, say it, say it

War, huh
Good God y'all
What is it good for
Stand up and shout it
Nothing

PEACE >>>>>LOVE                       OVER AND OUT Miaki

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2006, 04:34:02 PM »
Miaki,

I love that song! Has been something of a battle cry for me for most of my life. I know it would make all the armchair generals have to get new hobbies if we did away with war, but wouldn't that be a good thing?  :happyyes

By the way, I love the lyric posts, as long as they're general audience rated....been hearing my own kid's music a bit too much lately.  :banghead

And also, AD posted the song Kashmir while in mourning for a dear friend of ours who recently passed away. It had nothing to do with politics but instead was about the feelings he was experiencing. The response has been irrelevant at best.

We all really miss you Phebe.  :'(
Andy

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2006, 04:39:43 PM »
 :candle

:'(

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »
Thank you Andy .......I think this might bring back some memories ....(you slay me )

In this dirty old part of the city
 Where the sun refused to shine
 People tell me there ain't no use in tryin'

Now my girl you're so young and pretty
 And one thing I know is true
 You'll be dead before your time is due, I know

Watch my daddy in bed a-dyin'
 Watched his hair been turnin' grey
 He's been workin' and slavin' his life away
 Oh yes I know it

(Yeah!) He's been workin' so hard
 (Yeah!) I've been workin' too, baby
 (Yeah!) Every night and day
 (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!)

We gotta get out of this place
 If it's the last thing we ever do
 'cause girl, there's a better life for me and you

Now my girl you're so young and pretty
 And one thing I know is true, yeah
 You'll be dead before your time is due, I know it

Watch my daddy in bed a-dyin'
 Watched his hair been turnin' grey, yeah
 He's been workin' and slavin' his life away
 I know he's been workin' so hard

(Yeah!) I've been workin' too, baby
 (Yeah!) Every day baby
 (Yeah!) Whoa!
 (Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!)

Girl, there's a better life for me and you
 Somewhere baby, somehow I know it

Girl, there's a better life for me and you
 Believe me baby
 I know it baby
 You know it too

Enjoy Andy.............Miaki

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »
Love that song...
Sung by The Animals.
But I think I like The Angels' version better

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2006, 04:49:25 PM »
Ahhhh.....Miaki....the song I requested as my grammar school graduation song.  :rotfl Great choice!!! :biggrin
Andy

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »
I love all the songs, especially "What is war good for, absolutely nothing." But the rest of the posts actually made me a bit sad. I don't tend to take a backward step too often in life, often to my own detriment, but intractable, unreasonable apparently irreconcilable conflict leaves me gob smacked in both its inherent intransigence and utter pointlessness.  I have a somewhat unique view on religious conflict as I am an Anglo Australian of no overpowering spiritual beliefs who married into a Muslim family.

I was treated very well by most members of my wife’s immediate and extended family and rather poorly by a minority, but I suspect this would have been the case had I married into any other family at all as conflict and disagreements go hand in hand with our own flawed humanity. It makes us all feel a little safer to cling to certain ideals, flags, religions or whatever to justify our fears and nurse our insecurities thusly reinforcing the control our societies seek to impose.

I remember not so very long ago the Muslim Mujahhadin in Afghanistan were lauded around the Western World as outstanding freedom fighters and holy warriors against the dreaded Soviet threat. They were even given access to one of the most alarmingly effective weapons in the Western world in the US Stinger missile which is parcelled out on a very limited basis even today.  Yet with the collapse of the Soviet Union the world sadly seemed to search for a new bogey man, finding so called "Islamic extremists" to fit the bill.  But I find the parallel hard to accept. 16,000 + nuclear weapons = THREAT.  A grouping of very upset, often disenfranchised people whose only real connection is acceptance of a certain religion are a problem requiring a solution. They do not constitute a threat in anything like the order of the old Soviet Union and dialogue could well serve better than war.

The best way to find peace in my experience is to relate to the person with whom I disagree. It certainly doesn't mean that you have to prove your point, or change their opinion or get the majority to agree with you to score a win. It simply means that you recognize each other basic humanity and relate on a level where you do have something in common and have a very good possibility of reaching an accord or even of finding a possible friendship buried within.  This should be relatively easy here as we all have something in common...yep..Thalassemia. Either people with the condition or, as in my case, living with someone who has the condition. I know its an overly simplistic solution etc. but if we all give a little of ourselves and share that which we do have in common rather than duking it out over intractable differences maybe we can all be ambassadors in our own ways and have a positive effect on those around us, even in the small space of this forum?

I have been guilty off teeing off in the forum previously.  Powered at the time by what I felt to be a righteous anger but I achieved nothing and even succeeded in upsetting myself whats more. Anger and self righteousness seldom achieve anything else.

So peace all, and thanks for the songs   :wink
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:52:10 PM by TruBlue »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »
Great post TruBlue!  :thumbsup

It simply means that you recognize each other basic humanity and relate on a level where you do have something in common and have a very good possibility of reaching an accord or even of finding a possible friendship buried within.  This should be relatively easy here as we all have something in common...yep..Thalassemia. Either people with the condition or, as in my case, living with someone who has the condition. I know its an overly simplistic solution etc. but if we all give a little of ourselves and share that which we do have in common rather than duking it out over intractable differences maybe we can all be ambassadors in our own ways and have a positive effect on those around us, even in the small space of this forum?

I couldn't agree more. We are a group of people representing so many nationalities and religions, yet we are bound by a common thread, and for the most part, get along rather well. I think most people would gladly avoid wars and I hope we can avoid them in our group. It's not why we're here.

Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk