Zinc Shots

• 4 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Zinc Shots
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:50:59 AM »
My son has been having zinc deficency for almost 4 months and still his readings is 59.7 (normal 63-110) and was giving him 16 mg of zinc daily except for the last 20 days i only gave 7.5mg because i ran out of the supplement and still coming from abroad)

I know that he can take up to 25mg per day, but there is no zinc supplement alone with this dose.

Can he take zinc shots for example to correct the deficency faster, has anyone heard of zinc shots?

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Zinc Shots
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:16:02 AM »
I don't think zinc is commonly given as an injection because it can cause tissue irritation. IV zinc solution is sometimes used for patients getting all of their nutrition through IV or feeding tube, but for correcting deficiency, tablets or liquid zinc are used. One suggestion I saw was to split the zinc dose over two or three meals, as more zinc will be absorbed overall. 25 mg tabs are very common here. Can you order them from outside Egypt?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 04:25:12 AM »
Yes i can Andy, but which brand??

The puritan pride brand has a 25mg zinc (calcium, zinc and magnesium) , but you have to take three pills daily and i can hardly give him one.

Do you know a brand or a (pills or syrup) that has a 25mg in one dose

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:42:18 AM »
Check this product http://www.amazon.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-Ionic-liquid/dp/B0001VKEFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1264566958&sr=8-1

!/4 teaspoon supplies 50 mg zinc, so he would need only a small amount every day. The nutritional info can be seen at the bottom of this page. http://www.traceminerals.com/products/ionicsingle1.html
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 04:53:13 AM »
Thanks a millionnnnnnnnnnn Andy :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend finally i can find an easy one, what a difference this will make

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk