Re: Pain just below lower rib (Urgent)

• 4 Replies
« on: July 03, 2010, 03:41:51 PM »
Hi all

I am having pain in my left side just beneath ribs where rib cage ends, it is kinda 24 hr pain now I am getting throbbing(spasm) in it, its been like this for quite a while now I had CT done earlier on I think it came NAD at the time however I had right kidney cyst, which doctor said it was normal cyst.

Anyway when I press gently under my left rib pain tend go worse, I also have indigestion problem associated with it for good 1 yr almost I used to take nexium but I stopped it now, I have gone through a test where doctors put camera through oesophagus and look through stomach etc and it came slight inflammation in dudenum area. whatever it is it seems to be progressing.

I am going to my GP on monday I would like through examination what shall I ask him CT, MRI, Full blood test or any other test I should be asking my doctor? I am only 32 and do regular excercise etc Via gym, also I do catch cold rather easily these days I noticed for atleast 1 yr. As you probably figured it out I am quite depressed as I am not sure what to expect anymore in my life.

Cheers
Sunny

Melbourne, Australia

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »
Hi Sunny,

Can you give a bit more background? Are you a thal? Major or minor?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 06:44:10 PM »
Dear confused32, 

Have you had your spleen and liver checked?  I hope you feel better soon?

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 06:32:43 AM »
Hi Sunny,

Can you give a bit more background? Are you a thal? Major or minor?

I got no idea if I  am thal, major or minor or have no idea whats going on in my abdomen but I have this constant pain under my left ribs for good 1 yr now I had CT scan done on my abdo and it found kidney cyst on my right kidney and prior to this I got diagnosed with diverticular disease (2 yrs back) in my sigmoid colon during all this I also went through colonoscopy and doctor told me they found no polyps in my bowel and they never told me anything about diverticular disease at all which was \originally detected in CT scan.

Not sure whats going on with scans and results, all I know I do have pain underneath in my left lower rib and right kidney and bit of bloating, I am definitly going for thorough check up I just wanna know where to begin and what test should I be asking from my doctor as I dont want to be told I got nothing wrong with me because I know there is something not right in there.

They see me as nice healthy looking guy at 32 who looks healthy and they just dont seem to care so far..

Cheers
Sunny
Melbourne, Australia.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »
Have you tried any of the online symptom checkers. Just type "symptom checker" into Google and you will see many sites where you can check off your symptoms. This may help narrow things down a bit. If the pain is in your back at all, it may be kidney related.

Also, if you have any history of a physical injury below the ribs, even something like getting hit while playing sports, your spleen should be checked for injury.

Make a list of all symptoms before seeing the doctor and be prepared to answer any questions about severity of the pain, location, duration, and frequency of the pain. Mention that you get sick easier than before. Your white blood cell count should be checked. I would also suggest a test of your bilirubin level.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk