I'll be back!...I'm Back (as in Terminator)

• 12 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
I'll be back!...I'm Back (as in Terminator)
« on: September 07, 2006, 08:46:12 AM »
Yep, it's my turn now to hop on a plane.

Boy, this is gonna be some trip just reaching there. I wanted to go to Karachi last Saturday with my mom but couldn't as my TransX date was due today and I opted to come one week late after "Filling up". Everything was smooth till yesterday when the twist in my plans came. My Hb came and it was 5.6 g/dl. Now I have two days to solve this issue. I got one bag today and another is due tomorrow IF I get a donor (Blood shortage issues again! :mad). They also advised me to come again after 3-4 days, but my flight is confirmed this Saturday and I can't come after 3-4 days! I don't wanna miss this trip!

I've decided that I'll get another bag tomorrow Friday (Ouch. Prick again!) and go to Karachi no matter what my Hb is then. Hey I've scored the highest marks in exams with Hb of 2 and this time it's gonna be a lot more than before and just sitting in a plane for 2 hours or so is not gonna hurt a bit.

Anyway back to the trip details.

It's my cousin's wedding and it's gonna be a very colorful and musical wedding just like all subcontinent weddings. Plus I get to meet all my cousins that live there and I haven't met for several years. It's gonna be great! I rather have a TransX in Karachi during the trip (If I can) than canceling the trip or coming back in between.

I'm soooo excited but the thought of going to the hospital tomorrow (Again! :banghead) ruins all the excitement  :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 01:43:16 PM by §ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ »
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Maako

Re: I'll be back! (as in Terminator)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:17:43 AM »
Hi Sajid,

Wow. :o Your trip sounds so interesting and sounds a lot of fun..

I always envied your weddings ( its similar to the colourful and musical weddings we see in Hindhi movies, right?) Like you said, all the family members from far and near will join in the celebrations and it seems like so much fun and excitement. I always want my wedding to be like that so that my wedding will be one no one will forget in a hurry :wink .. hehe.. Or if i cant have my wedding that way, to atleast be there and see one such colourful wedding.   :biggrin

Dont worry and think about the hospital too much... dont let that ruin your excitement.. just think about all the fun you will have when you get there. :yahoo

Tc and have loads of fun.. let us know how it went when you get back

:heartpink Maako

Maako

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:02:41 PM »
Hi Sajid

Well getting on a plane and going somewhere is always fun and especially this occassion sounds like it's going to be a lovely family affair. Always wittnessing somebody getting married is both memorable and brings you back to the family unit.

When I read about you having completed exams and scoring high marks with a Hb of 2 - I almost feel of my chair. Two years ago I experienced a very low Hb of 7 and ended up in emergency ward needing a transfusion, and you managed to sit for exams.......I take my hat off too you.

Don't let the transfusion ruin your excitment as Maako said , on the plane remember to keep hydrated by drinking water and walking around the plane when possible and all will be well. One of my goals in life is to experience a Hindi wedding with all the colour and music that I have seen in the Hindi movies. So if one day your Ms Right comes your way don't forget to invite us here. (after all we are your extended family  :rotfl)

Anyway hun, good luck with transfusion tomorrow and yourself a ball at the wedding.   Will they have Elephants at this wedding?   ( I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Elephants)

Miaki

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:09:47 PM »
HAVE FUN SAJID!!!

YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug TRY TO TAKE PICTURES AND EMAIL THEM TO ME WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!! :boogie :jumping :friday :martini :grin :wavey :party IM SO JEALOUS, I HAVENT BEEN A VACATION IN 4 YEARS. :- :sadyup

HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND HAVE FUN,
 :heartpink
CHRISTINE

Lauryn's Mom

Offline akka1981

• Think positive, Confidence is the path to sucess
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:59:29 PM »
Dear Sajid,

God willingly you will get blood tomoro and u will be able to join the fun in Karachi. Be positive and pray for it. V all will pray for you.

Have a wonderful time and do share the fun you had there.

Tc/All the best
Akka

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 11:47:02 PM »
hey hey hey  MOBARAK INSHALLAH maining (congratolation) am typing this and am just now came from vication i just now have big ride by motorbike with my Group HONDA GOLD WING we go from kuwait to saudi arabia to bahrain by the way we have one biker is thalassimia but he keep him self healthy no high firiten no low HB and if you see him you will never belive he is thalass.
       any way my advice to you have your HB high or withen accepteble range and after that go
  inshallah your cousin wedding is mobarak hope also you will go to get all the fun ....

:veil :clap :cheer :heartred :heartpink :five :blowkiss :love :party
RED_PILOT

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:11:29 AM »
Hey Sajid buddy I am so happy for u man coz from past 3 years I have not been on any vaccation Except a 25 day vaccation in the hospital for a splenectomy.

You enjoy the wedding and forget the thalassemia, the Hbs and the transfusions......Give my Best Wishes to your cousin.....

Bye and Take Good Care.

Sahil
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:31:26 PM by sahil3101 »
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 11:58:12 AM »
Thank you Very Much evreryone!

Today I went to the Hospital and got another transfusion so now I am really relaxed and not worried about having low Hb ruining my trip.

Although the Indian and Pakistani weddings are quite colourful and musical, but there is a difference between them. Elephants are not used here in Pakistan (sorry Miaki). In old times there used to be a horse on which the groom arrives, but now that is replaced by flashy and highly decorated car.

There are going to be three functions on separate days in this wedding

The Mehndi (Henna):
This is a sort of decoration and preparation for the bride and all the girls where they put on the Mehndi (Henna). It is like a painless temporary tattoo and fades away with time. Then everyone gathers for singing and dancing and challenging the opposing family (Bride's Vs Groom's) with songs sung on drum beats. The party goes on till late night.

The Baraat:
This is the main wedding where the groom comes to take the bride. The conclusion of this event is very emotional and the bride's parents (especially her mom) can hardly hold back their tears when the bride goes away.

The Valima:
This is basically a dinner hosted by the Groom to declare his wedding to everyone including all his friends and family that he is now wed.

Well, I guess this is going to be my last post before I leave. I will miss all of you. I will try to post from there if I can get access to the Internet form the places I am staying. I will post some pictures when I get back; until then, it's goodbye from me.

Take care!

Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
Hey Sajid

E N J O Y  I T !!     You have fun and good to hear you received another blood trans. As sahil mentioned you enjoy it and forget about the thal part.

It sounds like its going to be alot of fun and we want to hear all about it upon your safe return. The Henna part is awesome, I had that done when I went to Dubai earlier this year for the TIF conference. We went dune bashing in the 4 x 4 and then had the Henna painting.

Anyway enjoy and don't miss us too much.

Miaki

Offline jzd24

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 01:48:40 AM »
Sajid,
     You deserve a wonderful trip, and I know you will have a great time with your family. The wedding sounds so fun.  :veil 
     I worry about you with your low hemoglobin levels - those are the lowest I have ever heard of anyone having. Is it because of the difficulty in finding donors?
     Anyway, don't worry about anything and have as much fun as you possibly can.  :love :party :cheer   Jean

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 07:06:30 AM »
Hi all,
        I finally got the chance to post from Karachi. My trip started horribly as when I woke up to get ready for the flight, I found my nose bleeding and it just wouldn't want to stop. I got ready with my nose still bleeding as I was getting late trying to stop it and in doing so I forgot to pack some of the things that I could only pack in the last such as my Desferal kit. I even had to grab my breakfast on the run and eat it in the car while going to the airport. Eventually the bleeding slowed down but it completely stopped only when I had checked in the boarding lounge! During the entire flight I felt "Oh, here it goes again" but it was all phsycological effect.

Anyway the weather in Karachi is lot cooler than in Rawalpindi and so far I've gone and met every relative and mom's having a great time shopping for the wedding.

The Mehndi(Henna) is tonight(14 Sept) and it's going to be quite a musical and colorful event. Lets see how my cousins perform. I'll see if I can record some video and post it later when I get home.

Tomorrow is the real wedding ceremony and then there is a gap of one day after which the Groom invites us to his "Valima".

I sure wish you guys were here with me and I feel as if someone isn't with me. (After all you are my extended family! :) ) Plus I really wanted to ask you something (especially the ladies on this site) but I just can't post it online lest "Someone!" reads it :wink looks like I'm on my own or you can PM me while I am online now for some time or I can check it later on my cell phone. But the trouble is I won't be able to reply on the cell phone as it's internet connection times out real fast and I lose everything if I type slowly via it's little 9 buttons! It's really annoying to type using the numpad of the cellphone. Sometimes I am lucky and manage to get the message through.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I will come back to Rawalpindi on 20th Sept.

Take care! Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »
Congratulations Sajid. :veil :veil :veil :veil

hope you will enjoy every minute. :party :party :party

Iam sorry about your nose,but i guess the areoplane pressure may  cause some bleeding. Anyway enjoy the wedding. Your weddings are very close to ours here in Egypt. Try to record some of the events.

We all miss you

Manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
Re: I'll be back!...I'm Back (as in Terminator)
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »
Hi everyone!

Be sure to check out the videos and pictures that I have posted in the "Member Photos" section

Take care!

Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk