Formula Milk for kids..

• 3 Replies
Formula Milk for kids..
« on: May 21, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »
Hi all..

I would like to know, what kind/brands that is suitable for Thal babies/kids? Any ideas? I found all brands in my country contain IRON that is not supposedly to be taken by Thal, is'nt it?

Currentlly, the amount of iron is 6mg/100. I am so worried if it could impact my baby later on! :wah Please share..

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Formula Milk for kids..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:00:56 AM »
In the US, you can only get iron free formula with a doctor's prescription. I don't know if this is possible there, but you can ask your doctor or perhaps the pharmacy to see if it's available.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »
Hi HbEBetaCouple,

You pose a good question.  I'm pregnant with an Alpha-thal major baby.  When he is born I will do my best to provide breastmilk, but I had to supplement with my other kids.  Should I use formula that is not iron-fortified? 

*sigh*  there are so many questions.

I just want to be prepared when my son is born.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
Cathy,

You may need a prescription to get formula without iron, so talk to your doctor about this in advance. Of course, breastfeeding is best and I think the immunities provided by breast milk are very important to children with thal. Also, I have an excellent source of help for questions about nursing, as my wife is a former La Leche League leader, so if you have any problems or questions, please contact me.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk