Where is the world going to?

• 3 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Where is the world going to?
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:23:45 AM »
Hi friends......
These days keeping abreast of the latest happenings in the world is such a pain! One literally has to search for some good news to be hiding in some tiny corner of the newspaper or hear something good from the news reporters mouth.....
Natural disasters, as if not enough...the people are ready to create disaster for whatever reason and lead humanity towards its ruin!
Just wanted to share my frustration and anger and disbelief at our recent times.....
Can we do something about it as an individual? Hatred is breeding too fast....how do we curb it or kill it?
Sending you extra love, hugs and kisses with this topic for we have to bear so much unwanted these days and inflict our hearts with so many wounds....May we generate so much love so as to nullify all the hatred around.....
Peace be with all.....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Where is the world going to?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »
Madhavi,

What can I say? I live in a country where hatred of anyone "not like us" is rampant. The ignorance and hatred that I encounter daily is depressing. We can change ourselves but we can't seem to have much influence on those who have chosen ignorance over rational thought and compassion for all creatures on earth. Yet, as Don Quixote tilted at windmills, I feel I have no choice but to try and counter hatred with a life that embraces compassion towards the rest of creation. We can all do what we can in our daily lives to spread love and compassion. And we can all try to act and not react to current events. Don't look at anyone on earth as our enemies. Don't accept the destruction of our environment in our daily lives. Think about the impact our daily actions have on our Mother Earth. Think about the example we set for others. The key is think. Someone once said "I want to teach the world to sing." I want to teach the world to think.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »
Madhavi,

I can totally understand where are you coming from,last few days were torture for me and i kept thinking what can i do?How can i change this? How can i make people see right? I couldn't find any way,i felt so helpless and hopeless,i don't wanna go into details,its just that i am not a very aggressive kind of a person,i always try and think things through,but sometimes things are thrown at you in such way,that a rational person can be forced to think irrationally,i hope this world can understand the concept of live and let others live,or we are heading towards an unimaginable disaster.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Prets

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
Right now whats on my mind is global warming. I just read that Temperatures in north India have touched 48 degrees this summer.  Makes me wonder if our earth will just get tired and die of fever?    :-(

One or two people here and there - doing the right thing - isn't going to make a difference. Thats when nature steps in - When so many disasters happen, especially natural calamities, it feels like mother nature is herself trying to clean up our mess. Makes me sad.

In the end everyone loses.

Hatred yes - its everywhere. No comments on this now.

Anyone who has Love to spare should share it.

I do.

:heartpink   :heartpink   :grouphug   :kiss   :love

:cloud9
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk