pain in the fingers. help!

• 5 Replies

Offline mudslinger

pain in the fingers. help!
« on: August 25, 2006, 03:28:02 AM »
i was not sure where to post this, but i hope someone can help me with this....

about a few weeks ago, i have been experiencing pain in my palms/fingers and my legs/toes. when i wake from sleep, i cannot make a fist with my hands as my fingers feel tight and it is very very painful. i get leg cramps at night and sometimes have problems walking properly.

could it be any effects from medication? i have hbe beta thal., and i am on deferiprone/L1, folic acid and aspirin. has anyone experienced this before? pls help....  :(

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: pain in the fingers. help!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:55:44 AM »
Hello, I get cramps when I am low on Hb (I usually get a cramp in my foot when I am in the sitting position while I am praying and thus find out that I am low on Hb :) ) I also get cramps when I am dehydrated and my fingers cramp when I hold a pen for sometime.

Take care!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Narendra

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 02:12:15 PM »
I just read on the other post that you started Kelfer/L1. You might have been made aware of the side effects of Kelfer. I have not heard of pain in fingers and palm's but I have heard from a lot of people who started Kelfer and were affected complain about Pain in the knee joints.

I hope you are getting your blood checked since you started Kelfer as sometimes the WBC's drop due to Kelfer

Those knowing the side effects of Kelfer --> Please help if this is related to Kelfer.

-Narendra

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:05:20 PM »
Hi
Just check the Uric acid in your blood.. are you a non-vegatarian ?
The symtoms you mentioned could also happen with higher levels of uric acid in the blood .

Shikha

Offline Touta

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:26:31 PM »
Hi Mudslinger,

i would like to share with u my experience in that; i had those kind of pain long time ago but not on a regular basis and not that severe. However, few months ago i started to get them regular daily basis and severe right away after waking up and during day long ( i was extremely painfull in standing up and during praying). I discovered afterwards and after some tests that it is high level of uric acid and that i got rheumatoid thread.

So what i really advice to do is to do a test for the uric acid level in blood plus a rheumatoid factor test.

Take care, and please keep us poted with the updates.

Offline jzd24

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:45:47 AM »
Hi,
     I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I get bad leg and feet cramps at night when my hemoglobin is getting lower, just like Sajid. I have other pain in my fingers which I am pretty sure is osteoarthritis. I hope you can figure out what is causing the pain and cramps.  Take care, Jean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk