• 26 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Liver Biopsy
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 07:10:33 AM »
Hello Mr. Brighita,

Can FerriScan tell you the extent of Cirrhosis of the liver?

Thanks.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline SalD

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »
Hello Brighita,

Thanks for the information.  One of the questions from this thread was whether the FerriScan can still give an accurate iron concentration for a liver damaged with fibrosis.  Would you be able to comment on the accuracy of the scan in a damaged liver?

SalD.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 07:15:46 AM by SalD »

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 02:00:52 AM »
Hi §ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ

FerriScan cannot determine the extent of cirrhosis of the liver. FerriScan is a detection and measurement tool for the level of iron in the liver only.

Resonance Health is however, continuing research & development activities for its liver fibrosis tool (FibroScreen) and proof of concept has recently been announced http://www.resonancehealth.com/rh_resonance--RD.

Thanks

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 02:07:01 AM »
Thanks Brighita. That is exciting news! Ability to determine liver fibrosis through MRI would greatly reduce the need for biopsies, which while normally safe, do carry some small risk of even life-threatening consequences. While the risk and occurence is very low, it does exist and anything that reduces the need for any surgical procedure is a positive.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »
Hi SaID

FerriScan will give an accurate level of iron concentration no matter how damaged the liver is. FerriScan is guided by strict quality procedures so you can be assured that every result is accurate - not matter how damaged or healthy a liver is.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Brighita

Offline SalD

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 03:21:59 AM »

Thanks Brighita,

That is very useful!

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 01:15:25 PM »
Hello Touta

I had my first biopsy about 10 yrs ago and at the time I think my nervs overtook my pain. I was admitted into hospital for 2 days. The first day was the actual biopsy and the second day was for monitoring. My biopsy was performed on the ward in my hospital bed. I only had local anestethic and the procedure took all of about 20 minutes. I had to lay flat on my back for about 6 hours post biopsy and after that I was allowed to sit up. Day 2 all went well and discharged.

When I went home it was rest for afew days and then back to normal activity. I did have some pain after for afew weeks. I have asked to have another liver biopsy but i have declined. However I have had a MRI of the liver and that was painless. Basically you lay on a very flat bed that slides into a tunnel. There is a speaker abover your head and you can hear the technician speaking to you during the procedure. If you can fall asleep during the procedure its great as the thuding sound that the machine makes drives you insane. However I would rather have the thudding sound than a biopsy. The MRI takes about 30 minutes and its over.

I hope this info helps and I do wish you luck with whatever procedure you have.

Miaki

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 01:18:26 PM »
Mr. Brighita,
               Thanks a lot for that information about FibroScreen. It is surely a great development in this regard. Please keep us posted on it's progress.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Touta

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
Hi All,

I'm really gratefull to all of u for your support and help and for providing me with very precious information and giving me a helping hand. Sorry for being late in my response but i was not able to access the internet the last few days.

I will communicate these information with my doctor and decide which of them that i need to do  :dunno and i will keep u posted.

Thanks for all of u again :hug

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 08:06:01 PM »
  i did this operation for my son twice 2002 and 2005 it's small needel go through the skin to the liver take small sampile that is't no pain no side efect you stay in the hospital for five houres and go home ..
              paice of kake  :biggrin
                     khalifa
RED_PILOT

Offline Touta

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 12:53:50 PM »
Many thanks Khalifa for encouraging me, this is really helpful to know that it is easy procedure with no risk and pain :smile2

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 10:25:02 AM »
Hi Touta,
i just had a liver biopsy the other day.The wound is a very small hole (Pin size) and a dressing was put on after it.It has been sore for a few days after it around the site.Also you arm may hurt as a result of the biopsy (mine did).But your asleep thru the prodecure.you cant feel anything.Hope this helps. :wink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk