Update on Lil A

• 46 Replies
Re: Update on Lil A
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
hey sharni ....well m replying so ...so late on this i m going to patiala on nov 22nd so if u can give me correct add of this dr braar so that i can take mannat over there and get the same treatment is it that the iron levels and the transfusion levels have reduced .....then i think we can be so positive about this oiutcome and m soi happy for ur lil one...............i know the pain that we go thru sharni .......mani is on transfusions twice a month and that too there seems to be some blocaklage in her left veins as the blood doesnt go thru her left veins ..........m really upset as i dunno is it common or rare case

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
Lil A has been sick since Wednesday morning.  His fever was 41 that morning so I called paramedics.  He was transfused Friday and seemed to be getting better.  Since yesterday his temperature has been between 37.9 and 38.5.  He is also complaining of stuffed nose, pain in throat up to his ears (due to congestion) and his right eye is swollen, almost shut and he is having discharge from it.    He was seen by his doc on Friday during the transfusion, but some of this has developed afterwards.  I am not a proponent of antibiotics - but does it seem like it is about time?  Andy, what are your thoughts, considering lil A's immune status?  His white cells etc are normal, but his antibodies are suppressed. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
Sharmin,

This is always a tough call because you could ask for a test of any discharge from the eyes or lungs, but that takes time and could give an infection more time to get established. Is the eye discharge clear like water or is there some color to it? Are his glands in his neck swollen? I am not one to jump to antibiotics over ear pain, as this is probably the number one cause of needless prescription of antibiotics in children.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »
He was seen by a doctor and put on antibiotics this afternoon.  The doctor said that the infection in his ear and eye was  severe and that it needed to be treated.  I hope he is over this stupid cold soon now!!  His hemoglobin is going to drop once again because of all of this!! 

I have my first law final exam tomorrow - with all of this going on I didn't study as well as I should have but I'll give it my best shot.  I have exams all week - and I'll need good vibes from all of my friends here to do well  :hugfriend :hugfriend

I'll keep you all posted - I hope everyone is doing well and not getting sick - this is a nasty virus!!

Sharmin  :hugfriend
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
Best of luck my dearest friend in your exams, i am sure you will do great :hugfriend and i hope that soon little A will be okay, send him a big hug for me :hugfriend

Actually, these days everybody is sick, the weather is awful and  ahmad too had a fever for 5 days  and then two days later his sister had one too till yesterday so i can imagine how annoying this can be

Sharmin keep us posted and much love to all of you xoxoxo

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 03:05:21 AM »
Manal,

I hope your kids feel better really soon.  Take care of yourself too, it can be really stressful when the kids are sick.  
 :hugfriend Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »
Andy,

The discharge is not clear - it seems quite infected.  I emailed you a picture of what he looks like.  Poor kid, I hope he's better soon. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 04:14:51 AM »
Sharmin,

Poor kid. He definitely needs the antibiotics. I hope it clears up soon. Good luck on your exam.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:04 AM »
Thanks Andy:) 

Sharmin

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 02:52:35 AM »
Hi Sharni,
Hope little A feels better soon. Best of luck for your exam. you will do fine....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »
Thanks Bostonian,

There is improvement today:)  The swelling on his eyes has come down and he no longer has fever.  I have one last exam to write on Friday.  I'm trying to motivate myself to study - but it is so close to Christmas and my concentration is breaking :) 

I hope you and your family are doing great:)  Hugs to your daughter,

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »
hey sharmin,
          best of luck for all ur exams........i know u will win in every situation neways feel so bad for lil A .....hope he gets well soon  i know if ur child is not well it effects the entire family ......as we really cant concentrate on anything else apart from this ...neways u take care
          as i was goin thru ur post was feeling so lucky   :happydance tht its ok tht we all sail in the same boat but the best thing about this boat is tht we all are there for each other despite of our bsy schedules to login share our problems our hapiness or our discomforts ...so far away from each other but still we all feel for each other from our heart .....as we also havent seen anyone of us as of yet but it feels good
        thank u andy,manal and zaini......infact all the members to be there for us thru our trials..... :insomnia :insomnia

hats off to all u guys ...........for being there always  :flowers

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Thank you my dear friend, that means a lot  :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

I hope everything is going well in your life :) 

:heartpink Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »
Thanks Pleasance so much  :hugfriend :hugfriend You are so right, in spite of all our busy lives, there are room in our hearts for each other. Much love to you and everyone here xoxoxo
manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
I am sorry to read Sharmin. Although I am happy you had your exams before the Christmas break as we have them at the third week of January. I hope those exams went well. What kind of subjects did you have?

Lots of love always, Dori

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk