Anyone here with IBS/Celiac/Gluten intolerance/Malabsorption

• 3 Replies

Offline Prets

Would like to hear any tips for managing IBS.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:02:47 AM by Preety »
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Re: Anyone here with IBS/Celiac/Gluten intolerance/Malabsorption
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:54:14 PM »
Hi Preety,

While I haven't be formally diagnosed with qluten intolerance, I went on a gluten free diet a few months ago to see if it would help my situation.  And it has helped.   I don't find that the diet is all that hard, since there are so many products on the market these days to eat.  The one problem is finding a bread that is palatable.  Bob's Red Mill carries several different bread mixes that are good.  And I just made a batch of Pamela's Products that is good also.  There is a lot of information on the internet that will help you out. 

Joan

Offline Prets

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
Thanks Joan,

I haven't been diagnosed with Gluten intolerance either, but the gluten free diet helped only for a short while.  I seem to have IBS related to a lot of foods, including most grains, flavorings, preservatives, etc.

Now I find I can have plain wheat products, but not breads/cakes/cookies.

Will monitor my reports regularly and see what happens.

:-)
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline eesha

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »
hi preety
i have been told i have coeliac disease (on top of everything else!) thats gluten intolerance apparently its breaking down my gut so i cant absorb food.

I have been diagnosed 5 years now, i never had symptoms i tried a GF diet found it too difficult and carried on with normal diet and i feel fine though doctors do not beleive that

I have subsituted my bread, flour and pasta, btu i do have my days when i do just eat anything and i am not stsrict in checking ingredients.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk