Where are you from?

• 30 Replies

Offline Novita

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 05:21:59 AM »
Hei....

I used to study at Saxion Hogeschool, Deventer.
Small city but I like it so much...
I haven't visiting all the town in the Netherlands, I wish I could go back there again...

which part of Netherlands are u?
I miss your country so much....
Regards,

Novita
Be Strong... Be Positive... Trust on God n Everything will be Alrite

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Hei....

I used to study at Saxion Hogeschool, Deventer.
Small city but I like it so much...
I haven't visiting all the town in the Netherlands, I wish I could go back there again...

which part of Netherlands are u?
I miss your country so much....

Aaaaah! That's only 10 minutes by train. I live in the other city (A.) Did you live in Deventer? I prefer Deventer above A as for the things you can do. How long have you been here and what did you study?
What kind of thal have you? And if so, where did you have your treatment?

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Novita,
 :welcome2 ..
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Novita

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 02:52:36 AM »
I'm so sorry for the late reply, kinda busy with works so i forgot to check this site...
I live from 2003-2005 in Deventer, one thing that i didn't like from Deventer is that they didn't have KFC LOL, I had to go to your city to get that :P and i'm willing to go to Holland again, miss it sooo much.
I'm studying International Business at Saxion Hogeschool, i'm sure you know about that school... I'm having Beta Thalasemia Minor and I knew it 2 years ago, getting the treatment here in Surabaya, but i seldom go to the doctor. I don't like being to the doctor.

What thal do u have? Have u know it since u were a kid or adult?
Regards,

Novita
Be Strong... Be Positive... Trust on God n Everything will be Alrite

Offline Dori

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »
HI,
I have not thal but another rare blood disease called pyruate kinase deficeincy. Different cause, same treatment (except hydrea).
Since I was born they knew I had something but it took another 3 years to find out what it really was.
Yes, KFC is in my city. So sad.... I mean we should have know earlier.
Why is Holland still so popular to study for Indonesian students?
What do you miss about Netherlands?
Groetjes, Dori

Offline nat

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Hi all,

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
What I love most from my country:
Yogyakarta for the culture, Bali for the beach, Bandung for the breeze & mountain, and Surabaya for the culinary (Hi Novita! :) )
*I have filtered these...can't pick 1! :)

Ciao,
Nat

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »
Only read your post now. My Indonesian friend is visiting family at Java for a month. I've got a friend who just visit Indonesia and last year my cousin and her boyfriend travelled for five weeks through Indonesia. Extended family have family at Bali. I saw those picture of that friend and thought *wow*
What do you like about Holland?

To all newbies:
Well, where are you from?

Offline Laura

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
Hello Dore!

I'm going to answer to your question about Holland.

What impressed me the most about what I saw (just 3 days) were the bicycle parks (i can't imagine how do you manage to find your bike in a bike park like the one at Amsterdam's train station).

Apart from that, I enjoyed the fact that everything is plain, I didn't see a mountain or a street that made me feel exhausted like we have in Catalonia.

A party I liked a lot was the carnival near Enschede, I think the village was Oldenzaal or something similar.

Lots of kisses,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Dori

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Yes, Oldenzaal is Catholic. My place is P, but a village about 10 km is C. They come acros my streat during Carnaval. At 20 minutes behind ride the car of the council to clean it all up again. It is really sad to see. Well, I do not know as I never parked my bike there. Next time I take you to the south of Limburg. There it is not only plain. Also Maastricht is a beautiful city, Rotterdam is more new, The Hague is my favorite city and the islands are also fun.

Offline Slade

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
Hi there,

I'm from Bulgaria - a country in Southeastern Europe. The country borders Greece and Turkey in the south, Romania in the north, Serbia and FYROM in the east and the Black Sea in the west. The country has temperate climate with hot summer temperatures in some regions (up to 39C) and cold temperaures in the winter (down to -20C). It has rich and interesting history with over 1300 yrs from it's establishment.
Bulgaria has lovely nature and used to have friendly, warm people but suffers badly from political instability and the consequences from the communist regime which collapsed some 22 years ago.
Nowadays, most Bulgarians have become pesimistic and have lost faith in their politicians, healthcare system, the judicial system, the police, etc.
Many efforts have been made to improve all this but much, much more remains to be done... especially in the healthcare and judicial  systems!
The worst thing is that buried in our problems we've lost our ability to enjoy life and sense all the everyday little things that can make us happy. So very sad...

Apart from that I've been able to visit several European countries and also China (3 times ;))). It was very exciting to see a culture so different from ours and meet so many interesting people. Fascinating experience!
I'm going on a business trip to India in December. I'll visit Mumbai, New Delhi, Indore and probably Hyderabad. I feel a bit nervous about this trip but I guess it's going to be very exciting!

Mart
Hb Lepore variant

Offline Dori

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Mart, are you going to attend a thalassemia/blood disorders conference in Sofia, Bulgarije, at 19th-20th November?I am going and this will be my very first time in your country :) I have been to Romania, last year. Is it very different?

Offline theresainadelaide

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:44 AM »
wow, it's great to see so many countries represented on here. I live in Adelaide South Australia. I am originally from New South Wales Australia
Cheers
Theresa

Offline vampirebaby

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
Hi All,

It's great to know you all :)

We are originally from Karachi, Pakistan but been in Melbourne for the past 10 years. We love it here. The highlight of this country are its most amazingly friendly people.

We travel to Pakistan quite a bit as my parents moved back to Pakistan 4 years ago.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 02:58:22 AM »
Hi all,

I'm originally from Bucharest, Romania, currently living in Beautiful British Columbia. Used to live in Ontario before, so about 6 yrs in Canada.

Mart: your description of Bulgaria reminds me a lot of the Romania I left behind. Althouh I'll have to admit their knowledgeability of Thal is way above what docs know here, in terms of volume of doc rather than amount of info.

I love traveling too, love nature sites and...The sky! Like most self respecting europeans who can afford it, i've done most traveling around Europe. Belgium (I noticed the bike park too, and wondered about the same thing: how would I find my bike if I had it parked there?), Greece and only passed through Bulgaria, been to Norway and a tiny bit in Sweden, passed through London between flights. At this end of the world seenthe impressive Niagara and had a 3 day train trip from ON to BC in the fall, so I got to see the amazing colours of mid fall from the flatlands of the prairies to the gorgeous peaks of the Rockies at Jasper where snow was already around. Then in BC there are so many natural destinations and all within reach! Capilano and Lynn Canyon with their suspension bridges, the waterfalls on the way to Whistler, Manning Park and the islands too - Victoria is the obvious tourist attraction, but really loved SaltSpring Islands untamed 'hoods' :)

What can I say, I'm a Sagittarius, I love moving  :biggrin moved house 3 times between Halloween and Canada day (nov to July)... And we're already thinking of moving again within a year or two  :wink

Oh and I'm typing on my phone and not proofreading so pls ignore any seemingly inappropriate words. My phone can't read my mind :P

Offline Tarak

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
Hello All,
              I am originally lived in Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India. It is originally based in western India. India is such a lovable and respected country all over the world. According to our country’s tradition, all the elder person is called honourly and respected by the younger person so I have always used to call Andy sir by honorable and respected instead of used to only Andy sir or Andy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk