Has anyoene tried Pentoxifylline?

• 1 Replies
Has anyoene tried Pentoxifylline?
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
It looks like it has the potential of improving some of the symptoms we are having through the increase in oxygen:

This medication is used to improve the symptoms of a certain blood flow problem in the legs/arms (intermittent claudication due to occlusive artery disease). Pentoxifylline can decrease the muscle aching/pain/cramps with exercise, including walking, that occur with intermittent claudication. Pentoxifylline belongs to a class of drugs known as hemorrheologic agents. It works by helping blood flow more easily through narrowed arteries. This increases the amount of oxygen that can be delivered by the blood when the muscles need more (e.g., during exercise).

Pentoxifylline and its metabolites improve the flow properties of blood by decreasing its viscosity. In patients with chronic peripheral arterial disease, this increases blood flow to the affected microcirculation and enhances tissue oxygenation. The precise mode of action of pentoxifylline and the sequence of events leading to clinical improvement are still to be defined. Pentoxifylline administration has been shown to produce dose-related hemorrheologic effects, lowering blood viscosity, and improving erythrocyte flexibility. Leukocyte properties of hemorrheologic importance have been modified in animal and in vitro human studies. Pentoxifylline has been shown to increase leukocyte deformability and to inhibit neutrophil adhesion and activation. Tissue oxygen levels have been shown to be significantly increased by therapeutic doses of pentoxifylline in patients with peripheral arterial disease.

I ve ordered some and I ll give it a try. If you dont hear from me that means you shouldnt try it. lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:58:38 PM by karoloydi »

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Has anyoene tried Pentoxifylline?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »
I ve ordered some and I ll give it a try. If you dont hear from me that means you shouldnt try it. lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl hope this is not the case

But since it is not a supplement, a doctor consultation is important specially with medications that work  as hemorrheologic agents.

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk