Good and Bad News: A Mixed Bag!

• 2 Replies

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
Good and Bad News: A Mixed Bag!
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
My dear friends,

Life for a thal is indeed a mixed bag! Just as I got the great news that I secured a PhD seat at the National Institute of Advanced Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, I also got the devastating news that my C viral load is back even after 6 months of successful interferon treatment.

I don't know if I should smile or cry. This PhD means a lot to me. After competing with 64 candidates, a tough entrance and gruelling two rounds of interviews, I got the seat complete with a fellowship. Now this bad news has taken away all my happiness  :wah

I may need another 48 week ifn. Don't know whether to go for it or not.

Sorrowing Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Good and Bad News: A Mixed Bag!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Namitha,
i just  red your post on forum abt Hep C and Intereferon .. i wana share a thing that is i was having Hep-c a lil ago (at that time my S.Fe level was in high and  very high range ..)  my doc was sugesting me to go for interferon therapy so for that she told me to bring iron below 1000 and then she'll start that therapy so i worked hard on Iron and got that below 1000,  during the time i was on agressive chelation plan to get S.FE below 100,  i started Nigella (Kalonji) + Honey  for Liver support  ... my SGPT which was stucked in 140-150s range (after touching the 612 mark) came to 70 just after usage of this for a month  ...
when my S.Fe came below 1000 my doc told me  to  start preparations for Interferon therapy and prescripted me a few tests those was .... Quantitive HCV PCR and HCV RNA Genotyping and that came Negative too ... so, my doc said, u dont need go through the intereferon therapy  :) .. for more detail check this thread in this thread i posted all my liver reports from time to time . it will give u exact picture to understand wat i have said above ...
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1870.msg35279;highlight=pcr#msg35279

more : there are a few more members who have been on Nigella + Honey and found that effective , i hope that those memeber will came in and reply to you soon .... dont worry and dont b sad everything will b fine soon  :) keep the hope young .... :) .. and yeah :congrats Ciongratulations :congrats for securing the PhD Seat  ,its a big achievement and a marvelous success, so, if u can do it.... certainly you can do more  ... best of luck for everything and especially for the future .. :goodluck

Best Regards
Take CAre
UmAir
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:26:31 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Re: Good and Bad News: A Mixed Bag!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
Dear Namitha,

Both are part of life, like you yourself said....
We appreciate your efforts, applaud the results...it was no mean task to compete with 64 others and win...
I am sure you will continue your efforts with your physical tests as well and beat the viral load too....
All the best for all your endeavors dear....

You can laugh with tears, because when we laugh a lot, there are tears in them anyways!

Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk