Historic Flood in Pakistan ......

• 34 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Historic Flood in Pakistan ......
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »
Flood Affected Districts Map and report :
http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/fullmaps_sa.nsf/luFullMap/27C04E649B6CE993852577910067EE43/$File/map.pdf?OpenElement

Report :
http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900SID/EGUA-88VNXB?OpenDocument&rc=3&emid=FL-2010-000141-PAK

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st of all Thank you all for noticing my absence and remembering me, Thanx buddies  ...  and Thanx to Tariq Bhai for telling me abt that and messaging me and updating on my behalf , Thanx ya Buddy .... sorry for making you guyz worried.... feeling sorry of being a reason to make u guyz worried ..

Hi ya All ...
Sorry for been out of touch without leaving any clue.... as Tariq mentioned, i m fine ... nothing bad happened to me and my family due to flood, Alhumdu-LILLAH .... since this Flood starteed and left a long story of destruction all over my country and demolished everything that came in its way :( ..... a huge destruction all over the country...  since then i always feel worried and sad to watch TV or to use internet bcoze whenever i come to use internet i dont know why i found my self un-willingly to search and see wat's happening here in my country , and wat's going on in my country is really disturibng .... so , i suddenly walked off to internet and TV .... i removed my internet modem and placed that in a drawer ...... my Father and my uncles trried and still trying to help them financialy by sending the the items they need (they sent that stuff through army relief camp) but its a huge disaster and destruction so need  some extra-ordinary efforts to come out of this disaster... they need food, they need clean water, they need medicine , they need shelter and they need clothes too , bcoze flood not only destructed their houses but took away all the things that wwas in their home and the remained clothes and other things are not in condition to use them.... .... the positive side of all this scenario is , people are working voloutarily , students of many colleges and univerities spending their time on the flood relief stalls to manage the stuf and make complete   packets of the things to make it easy to distribute all over the country ..... but overall situation isn't so good they need stuff to make packet of and to distribute that into fllood affecties ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:39:59 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
Hey Umair. Please contact Dore, as she has been asking about you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Andy,
i just red that post and going to send her e-mail ... thanx for telling abt ... :)

Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »
Zaini,

It's so good to hear that you're safe and well. I am so disheartened about what is happening in Pakistan. My country has set the table for this "war" on NGO's and it makes me ill. Daily, I hear anti-Muslim hysteria in the US and any organization that tries to improve the lives of Muslims is branded as terrorist supporters. It is sick. It is all politics. And it makes me ashamed of my countrymen who are so incredibly ignorant. Americans won't even send aid to Pakistan privately because the propaganda in this country has made people believe that all people from Pakistan are terrorists. And if anything, the climate of hatred in the US is getting worse. More intolerance and more hatred from my fellow Americans. People in the world need help, but too many Americans would prefer to "nuke them all." And meanwhile, our government is supporting a corrupt government in Pakistan because it suits us politically to do so. Just as in Iraq, the US knows full well that the money they send will be stolen by corrupt "leaders", but we send it anyway because the corrupt leaders let us do whatever we want, like the continued war of drones that is waged daily in Pakistan.

I hope your beautiful country can survive. It will be in spite of American help and not because of it.

Andy,

When the earth quake came,Islamic NGOs were ahead of everyone,they worked with every resource they had,media reported that too,after that lots of em have been banned,but they keep changing names to help people,but the govt won't let most of them,lately it seems like any NGO with islamic name feels like a threat to govt and its allies.

Not all Islamic NGOs are so called "lashkar-e-taiba" which i am not even sure actually exists.But yeah this kinda negligence can create a lot of individuals with so full of hatred and angst that they can turn in to terrorists and suicide bombers.

Sharmin,Umair and Maako,

Thank you.

Sharmin,

I know an organization which i trust the most and we have sent all our aid through them,i don't know how would you feel about donating to a religion based trust,but i am listing it here anyway,because i know they are working sincerely.

Their website is http://www.baitussalam.pk/

Or you can donate to Pakistan army ,

Bank Accounts for Donations

Account for Donations in PAK Rupees
The donation in PAK Rupees can be deposited in Army Relief Fund for Askari Bank Limited, General Headquarters Branch, Rawalpindi Account Number: 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in US Dollars
The donations in US Dollar can be proceeded to JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, NEW YORK USA. SWIFT BIC CODE: CHASU33 for the credit of Askari Bank Ltd, Karachi Branch, Account Number: 001-1-1678273 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA for onward credit to Askari Bank Ltd, GHQ branch, Rawalpindi, Pakistan A/C# 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in POUND STG The donations in POUND STG can be proceeded to STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, 37 GRACE CHURCH STREET, LONDON, EC3V OBX, U.K. VIA SWIFT BIC CODE: SDBLGB2L FOR CREDIT OF ASKARI BANK LIMITED, KARACHI BRANCH POUND STERLING, ACCOUNT NO: 01-249443401 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA FOR ONWARD CREDIT TO ASKARI BANK LIMITED, GHQ BRANCH, RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN A/C# 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in EURO The donations in EURO can be prodeeded to DRESDNER BANK AG, CORPORATE AND INTERNATIONAL DIVISION, ASIA/AUSTRALIA DEPARTMENT, FRANKFURT 60301 AM MAIN GERMANY FOR CREDIT OF: ASKARI BANK LIMITED KARACHI BRANCH EURO ACCOUNT NO: 812781500 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA FOR ONWARD CREDIT TO: ASKARI BANK LIMITED, GHQ BRANCH RAWALPINDI PAKISTAN. A/C# 0028010121825-8
Pakistan Navy Flood Relief Account # 0080100576693,
Askari Commercial Bank Ltd, Blue Area,
Islamabad

the website ishttp://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/awpreview/AnnouncementDetails.aspx?AnnouncementID=20

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »

You can also donate through:

Edhi Foundation (USA/UK/Canada): http://www.edhifoundation.com/contact.asp
You need to contact them to know how to donate, as they might have different setup based on country.

Hidaya Foundation USA.: http://www.hidaya.org/social-welfare/disaster-relief/-pakistan-floods-2010
They support donating online.

Tariq.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
Dear Zaini, Umair, Tariq and all our friends in Pakistan,

I am glad to know that you are all doing fine.
It is indeed heart tearing to see the news showing all the devastation.
Does religion matter even at such times?

Please keep calm, Zaini, you are only troubling yourself all the more...and to add to it you also have a family tragedy to face(My heartfelt condolences to your family)...

I can completely understand the chaos in Pakistan because we had the same sort of problems during most of the natural disasters in India. Every Tom,Dick and Harry comes around with a can to collect money for donations and there are multiple NGOs springing out of nowhere...Seeing the images on TV, I felt so much a part of it all inspite of being so away...
Let us hope that part of the world which still believes that humanity reigns supreme will help and their help will reach the needy in the fastest and best way possible.
Our prayers are always on...

May Allah help Pakistan tide through these tough times and battle the political and non political demons completely and soon...
Lots of love to all our brothers and sisters in Pakistan....
May peace prevail....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
Thanks Madhavi  :hugfriend it means a lot,i am trying my best,and i will come out of it InshAllah.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Emby

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
My dear sister Zaini....what can I say except that I believe anything such as this to be a test for all humanity....those caught up in it....and for those in their comfort zones....remember the beautiful speech in the Qur'an 'After every hardship, there is ease'.     

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
Zaini,

Thank you so much for sending the information.  I am very happy sending money to a regious based trust.  Islam is a beautiful religion.  I hope and pray that the country will heal from this and I feel terribly for the people who are suffering. 

Sending you my love my dear, please take care of yourself. 

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:26:44 AM »
Emby,

You are right my sister,i just hope that we soon glimpse a ray of hope,May Allah help these people,how hard it would be to spend Eid like this,away from their homes,and in fear of what future holds for them.

Sharmin,

Thank you so much  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Emby

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »
In my prayers lots and lots....

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »
Maako,
Thanx for the efforts and generosity ...  i hope you guys will b able to collect enough fund ... surely that would be a great help for alot of of flood victims and that  would b a great help for the flood victims .... once again a big :thankyou2 for taking a step ahead and doing all this ... ....  Jazak-ALLAH ....

Best REgards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:58:30 PM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »
Maako,

Thank you so much,i can't tell you how happy this makes me,thank you so much my friend  I wish i can thank every single person who is donating. :hugfriend

JazakAllah-u-khairan.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 05:45:26 AM »
Thinking of my beloved friends in Pakistan.  Sending you my love and prayers.

Sharmin

Zaini,
I hope you are feeling better.  I miss you :(
Sharmin

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
The flood situation in Pakistan is indeed very saddening. The irony is that the Government in Pakistan is not trustworthy with all the corruption in the past so the burden lies on the NGOs. But again, NGOs have limited resources and mobilization equipment. That is where the Govt comes in, this is a vicious circle of corruption.

The Government of Canada had announced millions of aid from the exchequer, also from September 1 to September 12, all the public donations to selected charities were matched by the Canadian Governemnt. We can hope the funds gets to the people in need.

It is devastating to note, that although the water will recede in few weeks time but the after effects will be felt for years to come. There is a genuine concern of food shortage in the country come 2011 due to loss of staple crops. The loss of economy is in billions of dollars.

Regards,
Regards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk