wheatgrass

• 11 Replies

Offline eesha

wheatgrass
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
i have read a lot of posts on here that wheatgrass is really good for thals to keep a steady HB level but i have treid it and it made it go down quicker i think! and it tastes bluuurgh.

Offline Maako

Re: wheatgrass
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
and it tastes bluuurgh.

:rotfl.. that was funny :D

am sorry it didnt work for u.. i have never tried it myself, but ive heard it works for many..
Maako

Offline eesha

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:24 PM »
maye i didnt try it for long enough, does any one know how long you have to take it before you get any results.
also it is extremely expensive, anyone know where to get it cheaper from.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:32:13 AM »
A cheap way to take wheatgrass and also avoid the taste is wheatgrass tablets.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline eesha

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »
Andy how long should i take it before can expect to see any effect?

but o so many things to take-vitamins, calcium, green tea, exjade, thyroxine, HRT, antihistamine, GF diet i dont have enough time in the day to take everything!

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:00:49 PM »
Wheatgrass does not raise hemoglobin levels in many people, but it does have a positive effect on energy levels and the immune system. So, you may not see any change in hemoglobin level, but you may notice better energy. It is a natural product and it does take some time for its full effects to be seen. My own experience has been that I notice that if I stop taking it, I start asking myself why I feel so tired. I take the supershots from Dr Wheatgrass, as I cannot stand the taste of fresh wheatgrass. Tablets are also useful. If taking supershots, hold it in your mouth and swish it around for a couple minutes before swallowing.

I am curious about something. Both thyroxine and Exjade are to be taken on an empty stomach. Has anyone heard from a doctor that it's OK to take them together?
Andy

Offline eesha

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »
I used to take them both like similar times about 10 mins after each other in morning, my ferritin has still been coming down and my thyroid levels have been normal as well.

However recently i was in hospital and the pharmacist (not doctor!) told me not to take them together, she said take thyroxine in morning, and exjade in evening ie after returning from work as it will have been 3 hours since last eaten, and probably another 2 hours before eat again.
Then she also said i shoudl take my calcium before bed or after dinner as i cannot take these at same time as exjade or thyroxine, so it is a real hassle and struggle, i dont know if i have the timings good but as long as my blood tests show the medicines are doing their job im happy!

Offline janco

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
I had been using wheatgrass powder for several months in my morning beef liver drink.  It was so gritty that I had a tough time drinking the last bit without choking.

When I ran out I noticed that the health food store also had a wheatgrass juice powder.  It was more expensive, but it is way more palatable and doesn't have any grit.

Jan

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »
Yeah, wheatgrass tastes awful. I prefer the tablets or extract. Green Kamut may be the better tablet, as kamut is the original form of wheat before hybridization.
Andy

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
After years of searching here in the Netherlands I have found those tablets.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
Hi to all,
Please let me know more info about this tablet.....kamut it is better than wheat grass juice?
I found a lot of product of kamut in several kind (candy, flakes, tablet with peanut, wheat and pasta)
Are they able to give some benefit?
Moreover I found barley sprout wheat lyophilized....it is similar in effect to weath grass juice?
thank's lot

All this product are they eat fresh or coked too?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Kamut is the original form of wheat before wheat became a hybrid. I highly recommend kamut over wheatgrass tablets. I do not believe barley has the same properties as wheatgrass, although the barley has its own benefits. If you can get kamut, try it.

One note about kamut. Some with celiac disease have found fewer and sometimes no symptoms when using kamut. Certainly the hybridization of wheat has made it a less friendly food in our digestive systems, so it does make some sense that the original wheat, kamut would not irritate the digestive system as much as wheat.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk