Goose bumps in patches (certain areas)

• 3 Replies

Offline Moik

Goose bumps in patches (certain areas)
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »
Not quite sure how long this has been going on..its not very bother some and seems like a lot of people online have had this too..but without any definite reason

Sometimes I get what feels like goosebumps on scalp and face...other times one arm or another..or shoulders...back.. they last for maybe 10-12 seconds then fade away

Im taking antihistamines..and have taken an ibuprofen almost every other day

rarely I even get them in certain areas of my legs...

Didn't know of this was a circulatory issue that could be attributed to thal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Goose bumps in patches (certain areas)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:54:42 AM »
Do you feel cool when this happens? And have you noticed any other symptoms coinciding when this happens, like numbness or tingling in the area with the bumps?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Moik

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:59:03 AM »
Nope but I do think it happens more when I am outside or inside by a fan.. I dont feel cold
but It almost does feel like a chill in the area of the goosebumps..but not as bad

No other symptoms ive noticed

I have read it could be anxiety related which I have had a history of
I have been stressed a bit as well

Another thing I do have some moquito bites on my back from being outside a lot..my back has been itching off and on...it could be a sensation radiating to my limbs
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:06:13 AM by Moik »

Offline Prets

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »
I get the cool feeling for  few minutes, with or without goosebumps - but i'm not sure why.

I have an issue with body temperature, i rarely get fever even when I have a bad infection. My normal is 98.6.

When I feel the slight chills for few minutes, my temp goes up to 99 or so.  Then my body warms up a bit and the chills and goose bumps stop (on its own).

I would say it could be due to lowered immunity - and my body trying to fight off mild infections. I often have a cold or a sore throat.

I try to avoid antibiotics and let my body fight its own infections, unless its severe, in which case my BP drops to 80/50. In the absence of fever, this BP drop and chills - tells me I need medical help.

And yes, taking too much of any fever pill or antihistamine, can make me get slight chills, etc. Infact if i take a paracetamol 500 when I dont have a fever, can give me severe chills/rigors, enough to raise my temperature to 104.

The key is to take only as much medicine as my body can handle, any thing more and my temperature seems to drop below normal.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:15:37 AM by Preety »
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk