I want a normal kid. Help me thalpal..

• 19 Replies

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
Re: I want a normal kid. Help me thalpal..
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »
Hi andy,

im also thinking of giving them resevatrol. cn i give it to my son without consulting the doctor first? if can, please state the dosage taken at thier age.

thnks in advanced-joyce.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Hi Joyce,

I cannot recommend taking any drug without consulting a doctor, so I cannot recommend hydroxyurea, except under a doctor's supervision. However, resveratrol is a safe, natural supplement and can be taken without a doctor's approval.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »
Hi andy,
I want to ask for the specific dosage and vitamin/supplement needed for my 7months thallasemia beta major. At the moment he is on folic acid and multivitamin (Appetton). I’ve visited the puritan site and found out too many vitamins/ supplement there. Please specify the dosage should he be taken at his age. For instance: resveratrol 1000IU/500mg/etc. so do the vitamin E and D, and the IP6  so that I knew the right supplement and dosage for him. And also, some of the supplement is in capsul or softgel form, how can I measure the dosage ?

Im also planning to give his older brother some supplement to help inducing or at least sustain his HbF.(he was never been transfused so far)  Please state the right supplement/vitamins together with the dosage should be taken. He is only 15moths.
Thanx!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »
Joyce,

I am planning to do a post on what I would give a thal child as far as supplements are concerned. Right now, I would say 500-1000 mcg (.5-1 mg) folic acid daily. !00 IU natural vitamin E daily for the older and every other day for the younger. IP6 capsules can be opened and mixed with liquid (no milk or protein products) or applesauce and used that way. One capsule daily for both kids is perfectly safe. This link shows resveratrol capsules. It may be possible to cut them open to mix the contents with food and taken this way. One capsule every other day for the younger and one every day for the older.  http://www.puritan.com/resveratrol-053/resveratrol-250-mg-027980?NewPage=1

Vitamin D should be used if they do not get regular access to the sun. At this age, 400 IU daily would be enough.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 12:07:41 AM »
Thanx Andy,

Really helpful. Know i'm ready to order the online supplement that u guys mention about.
Thnx again with the prescription.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk