?

• 3 Replies
?
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
hello everyone,

i hope everyones doing very well!!!! my blood pressure has been extemely low every time i checked it. today it was approx 80/50 . i feel great though, unusually active as well. should i raise my blood pressure(if it's possible)? it could improve the quality of my life, may be i'm so used to the low blood pressure that i feel great but a normal blood pressure could make it even better?

i don't like working unless it interests me but i think that has more to do with my personality rather than anything concerning my blood pressure. i don't have alot of patience when people misbehave so i usually excuse myself from conversations or activities involving too many conflicts.
does my tolerance level have any thing to do with my medical state? i don't think it should. or may be i'm hormonal because of medication  ?

any suggestions?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
Low blood pressure is common in thalassemia and it is thought to have some cardio-protective effect in thal minor, resulting in less heart disease among minors. Outside of medications to raise BP, you should always stay well hydrated as the fluid volume is instrumental in maintaining blood pressure. There are no restrictions on salt intake when your BP is low, so try some salty foods when you feel that it is low. This really does pick the BP up quickly. I doubt you're going to get up close to normal but you should be able to raise it some.

As far as the personality traits, I think that's all that is. I recognize some similar features in myself and realize that my patience and tolerance are dependent on constant conscious efforts, and slipping is quite easy. In today's world, who can blame us when our patience runs thin?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »
I am a thal minor and my blood pressure is usually low.  This seems to be the trend among the thal minors in my family.  As Andy said, remaining hydrated is key.  Also, eating every two hours is a good idea as keeping your blood sugar level constant is very important for everyone -especially thals.

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »
thanks for letting me know!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk