The Life of Patients With Thalassemia Major

• 23 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: The Life of Patients With Thalassemia Major
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 04:05:09 AM »
Nat,

Thanks you so much  :hugfriend moms tend to worry,its kind of in their job description,as much as we are confident that our kids have the best possible treatments and meds available,we still fear for unknown,for unpredictability of the disease,of transfusions,and often enough we think and try to imagine what would life be like if our kids didn't have thal,but it doesn't mean that we don't love them or we are not optimistic for their future,fear and hope go hand in hand you see.

What i love about this group is that not only we could celebrate our kids accomplishments with each other,but we can also share our doubts and fears,because we know that there will be someone to comfort us,and someone's words are gonna make us feel better,thats only human nature,and especially maternal nature :) because doubts and fears are gonna be there along with hope and optimism as long as thalassemia is here in our lives.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Cari

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »
Hi everyone, no results yet. I was told yesterday that we may have them on thursday or friday. I feel like I am about to have a nervous breakdown! I want everyday to go by quickly and when it does I fear that I'm one step closer to hearing very bad news. At times I'm very positive but then I feel I might jinx myself by imagining about this child. So I just try to block it out...but how to block out the little baby who now has fingers and toes and moves them all around! This is torture...

I know what I need to do but its hard to focus on anything but this. I just felt like venting. I hate this time.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
I know how you feel  :bighug

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:15 AM »
Cari,

Vent all you need,we are here for you,we understand what you are going through,i am praying that everything will be okay  :hugfriend .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Cari

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 03:43:36 AM »
thank u sharmin and zaini...  :hugfriend

I know u guys truly understand. it helps get through this time a lot easier. I wish my tomorrow was clear rather than gray and unknown :impatient

i read a quote on the misc chatter section under the topic 'did you know' yesterday that i keep trying to remind myself of. Something like "dealing with the negatives in life allow us to appreciate the positives.'

made so much sense.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
Cari,

thal or not your baby will be wonderful!

there's absolutely nothing to worry about, with all the great leaps in research and technology thalassemia will not be a problem, inshaAllah!

even the worst case scenario is not bad! we're truly blessed to be born in an age where thalassemia is well understood, can be cured by options that are increasing as we speak and even if not cured it becomes a comfortable part of our life and there are times we forget that we even have it!

your baby has a bright future ahead of him, don't let this make you believe otherwise!!!!

best wishes!!!

Offline Dori

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
Thinking of you Carisma. I too tend to look everything from a negative look, but my life experiences does not reach the stage of you are in. Please vent and know that we are here for you. <3

Offline Cari

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 03:36:25 AM »
Thank u all... No results yet. There were problems at lab and they are sending it to another lab. I was supposed to have my answer today at 3...but they were unclear on their analysis.  :mad
   :wah

:mad

???

All kinds of emotions through me but  its out of my control. Another week of waiting......

Offline Zaini

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:46 AM »
Oh i am so sorry to hear that Cari,stay strong my friend,i hope and pray when the results come back they are worth the wait,hang in there  :hugfriend :hugfriend .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk