Nur's Splenectomy

• 14 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Nur's Splenectomy
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:50:09 AM »
Our friend Nur had a splenectomy on Monday. Her spleen was 25 cm! I heard from her early today and after 48 hours she could eat and drink a little and even walk around a bit. I am glad she is getting well so soon and hope her recovery goes smoothly. She didn't want to have it removed but it got so big that it was at risk of rupture. Hopefully, this will also mean a slower blood turnover.
:getwell   :getwell   :getwell
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bobby

Re: Nur's Splenectomy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:14:42 AM »
 :getwell Best wishes during recovery!!!

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
Get well soon Nur,May Allay bless you with health and joy.  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 03:48:36 AM »
Thanks for letting us know Andy.  I hope she has a quick and complete recovery!
Feel better soon Nur!

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
i hope Nur feels better!

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
Get Well Soon , Nur. . . :)

Best Regards ...
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
Thank you for letting us know. I wish Nur speedy recovery, adequate painkillers and ofcourse that it slows down her hemolysis!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline Nur

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 03:56:51 AM »
Dear all,

Thank you so much for all your best wishes. It's been 13 days after the operation and i am quite ok. I was in the ward for only 5 days and i have been off the painkillers since the second day :D.

This is something new for me. I was quite nervous before the operation and wandering if i am making the right choices or not. Hopefully everything will be ok. My platelet is 1230 and i am taking aspirin to lower it down. I am taking things slow and having a good long rest from work  :biggrin

Any advise on how to take care of the wound anyone? (although it is healing very well)

love,
Nur

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:49:46 AM »
Hi Nur,

Good to hear from you! I'm happy to know you're recovering well.  :biggrin I hope this helps to reduce your blood demand. Keep the wound clean. If you were given any antibiotic dressing, use it. If not, you can pour a little hydrogen peroxide over the wound as a disinfectant. I hope the family is pampering you while you recover.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
Dear Nur,

I am so happy to hear from you.  I am glad things went well.  I hope that everything is smooth sailing for you from here.  You are so brave and so many of us look up to you my friend. 

Best,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »
I am happy to hear!!!! Great it went well & that you are recovery nicely. Take things really easy and keep the wound clean.And be happy! I am so happy you got yours now. I got a huge large and ugly scar and was operated during the time they thought painkillers were dangerous. Yes, I wasn't given any...
Last night I heard that my little friend J probably has to undergo a second correction operation. He probably has a partial obstruction and will have an upper gi scopy tomorrow.

Offline Nur

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 05:12:20 AM »
I am taking things easy right now...plenty of rest and i need it too..before the operation, i have been so busy that i havent have time for my own stuff. Now i'm enjoying the calm and quiet time  :biggrin my wound has healed and i can move more freely although i still cannot eat as much as before.. Something that i hope to do soon..I hate it when there is so much good food around and all that i can do is eat so little..

Andy, i am not so pampered but still, i got taken cared of especially when i am still at the hospital. A bit of relieve to see my husband beside me for two whole day!  :biggrin

Sharmin: thank you for your wish although i don't think that i am so brave :) I have my doubts and poor Andy had to hear them all..He..he..

Dori: the doc gave me such a memorable souvenir from the operating room...this huge scar right across my belly...it's about 6 inches long and i have told them to make it as small as possible... i guess they didnt have any choice.  :wah

Offline baal

• to be or not to be
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 07:43:35 AM »
hi nur

dont worry abouth the small amounth
 of food-supply u can take at the moment.
same to me after the first half year of my
surgery....
and dont worry abouth ur scare.....
look at mine and u will be happy with urs....
best wishes for recovery.     panos

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
Mine scare is horizontal. Mayb because they also took my gallbladder out? Mine is 25 centimeters long. I had to look - haha - above my navel.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »
hey Nur,
goood to hear that u r back ,,  n glad to hear that u r doing fine .. .  i had splenectomy when i was 15-16 yrs old ,,, 32-34 stiches horizontal cut  ( 1/4th part of waste )  lolzz..   i dunt exactly  remember all  treatment after that ,,, but i remember i were on Pencilin for a  few years after that  and then when 1st time i met to the doctor to whom i'm ben treated since last few years , she putted me on Pencilin Tablets , yeah pencilin is available in market in tablets form ,, that ease my pain of Penidura (spelling)  pencilin injection that hurts very bad ,, i must  say that kills u for the time its injected ..... that were  a nightmare all the time for me and at those time that scare's me everytime  many days bfore next date of that injection ,, n i must accept that i skipped that many time ,, that was once in a month type of treatment but i used to go for that after few months ,, sumtime after more than 6 months , bcoze of its pain and terror lolzz...  so , i wud like to sugest u to ask ur doctor abt those tablet form pencilin thing .. .. bbest of luck Nur

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk