about my fritten level

• 5 Replies

Offline Joe_H

about my fritten level
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:39 AM »
Hello every one , how r u doing ?

I've few qestions about my fritten level and I need some advice

my fritten level is high it's 3100 . and I'm using desferal with a pump and I use 2 g of desferal in 10 ml water in 10 hours , how could I decrees my firitten level ? and did I have to use firren in i.v. ?  and if I used in i.v is it more useful ?  and is there another ways to decrees it ?
my doctor said that I can't take exjade till I I decrees my fritten level to 1000 , what is ur advice to do that ?

and I'm using desfral since I was two years old,

info about me :

w  is 60 KG
Hb 9 - 10
age 21

thank u all

Joe _Iraq

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: about my fritten level
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
Hi Joe,

You are using only half the water you should be. Try doubling the water and extending the dose to 12 hours. You will see more chelation from the same amount of desferal by using this method. Also, take 250 mg vitamin C at the start of each dose of desferal, as this will increase the amount of iron chelated. Try this and if you don't see any progress, we can talk about the possibility of combination chelation.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/desferal.html

Table 4: Preparation for Subcutaneous Administration     
RECONSTITUTE Desferal WITH STERILE WATER FOR INJECTION
Vial Size    Amount of Sterile Water for Injection Required for Reconstitution    Total Drug Content after Reconstitution    Final Concentration per mL after Reconstitution
500 mg    5 mL    500 mg/5.3 mL    95 mg/mL
2 grams    20 mL    2 grams/21.1 mL    95 mg/mL
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Joe_H

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
thank u dear Andy for ur reply

about the water do I use 20 ml syringe in the same place ? I mean useing 20 ml water and use it all in the same position under skin or use two syringe of 10 ml water ? in 12 hour ?

about the vit C I'm already using it

and I've one more question is the desferal with normal saline in i.v. more effective or under the skin as I'm using now ?

thank u

regards

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:39:30 PM »
Joe,

I would let Andy answer the question but I think he meant use 20ml water all in 12 hours.

About the exjade, you can use it no matter what your ferritin level is (your doctor is not correct). I think your ferritin is high but not extremely high as some of the members I have seen here. It would be helpful though if you can provide some background what your ferritin levels were in the past.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27:42 AM »
Yes, if your pump can take a 20 ml syringe, take it all in one dose for 12 hours. By using more water, you get a better distribution of desferal under your skin and it also can be less irritating if you dilute the desferal this way. Desferal only works while you're using it, so extending the period of time each session, will give you more chelation without raising the dose.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Joe_H

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
Andy ,

Canadian Family

thank u very much for ur help , I will work on your advice

hope u the best

Joe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk