please read this and lets move forward to the cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 Replies
please read this and lets move forward to the cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
http://forcedwisdom.com/2011/01/thalassemia-cure-via-genetherapy/#

" i recently met with Dr. Farid Boulad who is conducting an experiment that will potentially lead to the cure of thalassemia using gene therapy.the purpose of his research states:
" in the near future , we will be testing a new treatment for making normal hemoglosin and normal red blood cells. We are able to use it and put it back into cells. This is called gene therapy.We have been able to put this gene into the stem cells of mice with thalassemia. these mice were cured. We now plan to take that egne and put it into the stem cells form people who have beta thalassemia major. We will tehn inject those stem cells back into that person's blood"

the good doctor needs one more patient to participate in the study in order to move from stem cell acquisition for the thal patient to healthy stem cell replacement in the patient. A firned of mine participated in the study and sadi the removal of her stem cells wasn't too painful...

If you're interested in being the final patient to advance this project closer to a cure for thalassemia, please conatct:

Doctor Boulad is the lead on the study and is the most warm and caring doctor you may ever have the good fortune to meet. if you want to learn more, the full scope of the project"

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00658385?term=%22thalassemia%22&rank=55

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
Re: please read this and lets move forward to the cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »
 love..

where can i get Dr Farid Boulad/Dr Richard O'reilly' email address? I can't afford to call. :dunno

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:16:17 AM »
i googled these:

bouladf@mskcc.org
oreillyr@mskcc.org

if somebody else knows them please share them.

Richard O'Reilly, MD   
 Office Phone: 212-639-5957
E-mail: oreillyr@mskcc.org
Lab Phone: 646-888-2366

Farid Boulad, MD, Pediatric Day Hospital
phone no. 212-639-6684
Appointments for New Patients
212-639-5954

Best wishes!!!

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:40 AM »
 Thank you love :hugfriend :hugfriend.. God bless you.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »
I am hoping that we will soon learn if this will be going forward. This is the group that Dr Sadelain has been working with and that Errant Gene has been backing. Excuse me if I show bias, but this is the group I have the strongest faith in for both a real cure that will cure thal majors and also be the more reasonably priced cure. I say that based on both my knowledge of the various processes and also the economics of the various situations. I only hope that Sloan Kettering decides to put the patients first.

Sharmin, if this goes forward, I would suggest seeing if little A would be eligible. This would be the ultimate solution for a patient whose body is rejecting the transfused blood too quickly.

I will have to check with Pat G on this, but it was my understanding that they have been ready to start with 10 patients since October. If more patients are needed to get started, Pat will know. That has not been the biggest obstacle at this point. Sloan Kettering has been. Let's see what happens this coming week.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
Andy,

I too hope that Lil A can participate.  When I spoke with them last they said that they could not include him in these initial trials because of his age. 

I will keep you posted when I know more,

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »
This study has been completed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk