Water And Rise in Iron.

• 2 Replies

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Water And Rise in Iron.
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:14:47 AM »
Hello this topic has been discussed at Thalforum but now I wanted to discuss it here and get everybodys views on it.

Now here in Bombay doctors are having discussion on water containing Iron. Doctors here have advised that Thal patients should not consume water from the Water Purification Machines as it has Iron instead water should be boiled and then consumed.

Please do post ur answers and any news you find on this.
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
Re: Water And Rise in Iron.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »
Iron is one of the earth's most plentiful resources, making up at least five percent of the earth's crust. Rainfall seeping through the soil dissolves iron in the earth's surface and carries it into almost every kind of natural water supply, including well water. Although iron is present in our water, it is seldom found at concentrations greater than 10 mil ligrams per liter (mg/1) or 10 parts per million (ppm).

Iron is generally divided into two main categories:
Soluble or "Clear water" iron, is the most common form and the one that creates the most complaints by water users. This type of iron is identified after you've poured a glass, of cold clear water. If allowed to stand for a few minutes, reddish brown particles will appear in the glass and eventually settle to the bottom.

Insoluble When insoluble iron, or "red water" iron is poured into a glass, it appears rusty or has a red or yellow color. Although not very common in Wisconsin's water wells, insoluble iron can create serious taste and appearance problems for the water user.
Because iron combines with different naturally occurring acids, it may also exist as an organic complex. A combination of acid and iron, or organic iron, can be found in shallow wells and surface water. Although this kind of iron can be colorless, it is usually yellow or brown.
Finally, when iron exists along with certain kinds of bacteria, problems can become even worse. Iron bacteria consume iron to survive and leave a reddish brown or yellow slime that can clog plumbing and cause an offensive odor. You may notice this slime or sludge in your toilet tank when you remove the lid.

So depending on were you live and what sort of water purification system you have i dont think this would be a problem for us.

Hope this helps
Miaki

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Re: Water And Rise in Iron.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:09:04 PM »
Thanx Miaki for writing sooooooooo much.
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk