Liv. 52 and Milk Thistle

• 2 Replies
Liv. 52 and Milk Thistle
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »
I was taking both of these supplements for liver health, but then I began to question if it would do more harm than good.

Seeing as how Liv. 52 tries to protect the liver from stimulants and toxins from food, air, and medicine, could it possibly be hurting the effectiveness of Exjade? Could it cause any other problems because of the extra iron? I saw a study referenced where participants (with liver problems) who took liv52 had higher mortality rates that the control. It might have been a false study given by competitors. Anyone have any evidence or studies in favor of these supplements?

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Liv. 52 and Milk Thistle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
Apollo,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would be very interested in learning about this.  Since thals requrie exjade, but also need to maintain the health of their livers - I think the answer would be helpful to all. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Liv. 52 and Milk Thistle
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
Apollo,

One thing I have learned is that it is easy to manipulate statistics and treat them as cold hard facts while conveniently ignoring important facts that will affect the collected data. Often we see this phenomenon with certain supplements. People take them because they are already ill in the hopes that the supplement will help. Even though a supplement may have value, it will not override the present medical condition. So when you understand that people with terminal illnesses may be a major consumer of a supplement, you have to realize that it is the illness that caused the fatality, and the supplement had nothing to do with it. I have seen a similar trashing of vitamin E after a study of terminal patients using vitamin E. These studies have no validity because they are studying dying people. Of course they will see a higher death rate among people with terminal illnesses. With Liv 52 many of the consumers have hepatitis, so one would expect a higher death rate. The herbs in Liv 52 will not interfere with Exjade, but I cannot say that are effective either, simply because I don't know much about the product. One point to always remember with chelation. The healthier the liver, the better the chelation will work, because the liver has to process the chelation drugs.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk