Life with 2 thal major kids...URGENT!!

• 27 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Life with 2 thal major kids...URGENT!!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:15 AM »
SK,

I'm thinking of you too... :hugfriend

Much love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:12 AM »
SK,

Your family is in our hearts and our thoughts.  I hope you are doing well  :hugfriend

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 04:07:07 AM »
:bighug
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Laura

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 07:55:59 AM »
Hello!

When I was a child I used to travel on Holidays to the other part of the country and I had to go to another hospital. There, there were a brother and a sister who both had thal. You really can't imagine how united they were. They had a very strong relation between them. I have never seen a brother and a sister taking care one of the other in such a way.

I just explain this to express that when you have a brother or a sister with your same "problem" it is easier for you to express what you're feeling and also to understand the other one so the relationship is stronger.

Kisses,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Dori

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
Sending my love too.

Offline Cari

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
Unfortunately, we just received word that our baby is a thal major.

Im not sure where we stand....but I hope I have the strength to figure it out. My husband would like to continue the pregnancy. I don't know if I will be able to manage this mentally and emotionally. I am broken at this moment and hope to collect myself and figure this out.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
I'm sorry to hear the not so good news

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:17 AM »
My dear friend,

My heart is breaking for you right now.  I wish this was easier, I wish you were not placed in such a difficult position.  At the same time, I know that you are both very strong women.  I know that strength will get you through anything. 

We are here for you to support you through any decision that you make my friend.   :hugfriend :hugfriend

Love,

Sharmin

SK, I hope that you are doing well.  It has been a tough time for everyone - but I am so glad that we are all here for one another. 
Sharmin

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
Hi,

Just read your situation and I really felt that I had to comment.

My brother and I are both Thal patients, my brother is 27 and I am 25.

My mum is a single parent and she brought us both up on her own and done a great job. I admit it must have been very hard and challenging for her but she did her best and never let us feel a lack of anything. My mum was very young when she got married and then got divorced. When we was little she had to take us both on buses to and fro the hospital as she could not drive then. She never made us feel 'not normal', we both led healthy, happy lives. When my mum was pregnant with me she knew I had thal major but it was never a question for her to even consider to have an abortion and I am so grateful to her today, for the life she has given me.
It was nice having an older brother with me in hospital, going through the same things. We use to keep each other company and give each other support when we went to the hospital together. Older brothers do usually look out for their younger sisters but mine and my brothers' bond was extra special. Instead we enjoyed our monthly trips to the children's ward at the hospital, we got to play, have fun and the hospital always took us on trips. We had more fun than any of our friends.

As life goes on, things do go up and down with Thalassaemia, you do have your good days and bad days just like anything else. It's not easy but then what is in life?

Now, my brother is happily married and living with his wife. I have done a BSc Psychology degree and want to pursue a career as a clinical psychologist. I want to make my mum proud and try and repay everything she has done for us, even though it won't be possible. Me and my mum are very close, she is my best friend, and she relies on me for all kinds of support.

Yes, I have got an illness, yes my brother suffers from it as well, yes, my mum gets upset because of it, yes, I don't have the support of a dad but, still everyday I feel truly blessed and thank Allah s.w.t for everything I have got. Truly, I could not ask for more.

I personally feel that having thal has made me a more stronger and mature person, however, everyone is different and deals with it differently.

Life is a test, a test of how you deal with things. My dear friend I hope you have the strength and courage to do the right thing. I hope my story helped, even a little bit.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »
Noreen,

Thank you for sharing your story.  Wow, what a story of courage and determination - on Mother's Day.  And what an amazing daughter you are to recognize your mother's love and courage.  I am sure your story will give people strength and will help many. 

Your mom did what she felt was best for her family and what she thought was best for her unborn child when she was pregnant with you.  Every mom makes decisions in the best interest of their unborn children and in the interest of the children they do have.  For that reason, every mom must be commended for deciding what is best for their children.

What a pleasure to have you here Noreen, I wish you the best always  :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 01:23:38 AM »
I would like to thank everyone who posted here, all your posts have really touched my heart and I have learned so much from them

SK,
Praying for you and hope that you decide whatever is best for your family :hugfriend
Manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 03:33:16 AM »
Noreen,

Hats off to your mom, :hugfriend and hats off to you and your brother,she must be an awesome lady to raise you so optimistic,courageous and brave.I would love to meet her some day.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Alia

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »
To both of the mothers of Thal major
First of all i am really sorry for what you both are going trough. Its a really hard decision to make. In the end of the day, its your decision and your second child life. My daughter Sara got thal major, Everyday of my life i have this worry with me as to whats going to happen to her, i keep all her bloods,medicine and appointments up to date. Every time she feels sick,tired or upset i get worried that something might be going wrong with her. When i see her with her cousin( they both the same age ) she looks smaller and more weaker when its comes physical activities. She always tells me mum how come i cant run as fast or how come i feel weaker it brakes my heart.

I have been wanting to have another child for a while now but i am really scared of getting pregnant to another thal major as i see what my first baby is going trough. This is just my experience , other people have different thinking. Like i said in the  end of the day its your decision and your child life, what ever you decide i hope it becomes easy for you.
With much love and prayers
Alia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk