Pregnancy Update!

• 4 Replies

Offline Sproutsmama

Pregnancy Update!
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
Hi everyone!

It's been quite some time since I've posted anything - but a couple of you might remember me.  I had posted previously about the 3 miscarriages that I had between August 2008 and August 2009.

Well, I'm happy to say that we're expecting again and we're nearly 6 months along!  I would say that we've made it this far in large part because of the helpful tips I learned about from this site.  Before getting pregnant this time (first, I waited over a year from my last miscarriage before trying again in order to try and help my blood and get stronger all around) I started taking 2000 mcgs of vitamin B12 and 5000 mg of folic acid daily which I've continued taking throughout the pregnancy.  These are new additions to my regime.  Before, I was only taking a prenatal vitamin not realizing that with Beta Thal (probably combined with my 40+ age), I needed much more than what I was taking.  This time around, I'm also getting regular acupuncture treatments to help ensure a healthy blood flow to the baby.  Oh yes, because I see a naturopathic doctor as well she recommended that I take 'Tang Keui and Peony' for the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.  This is a chinese medicine formula indicated for pregnancy especially for those with blood issues.   I hope that gives hope to those of you out there who've experienced similar problems!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Pregnancy Update!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:23:53 PM »
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope and think that this one will be successful. You have taken steps that should make a big difference this time. The blood flow to the fetus is so important, and acupuncture is an interesting approach. Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.  :biggrin
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
Congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you and your baby a very healthy and happy pregnancy:)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
Congratulations!!!
Sounds interesting :)

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 06:42:58 AM »
Congratulations! Sending you best wishes and blessings from Toronto!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk