Thal and Menstrual Cycle

• 8 Replies
Thal and Menstrual Cycle
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:24:40 AM »
My daughter has thal minor and her periods just knock her for a loop, looking for any suggestions from members as to what they have done to easy the monthly cycle.

Should not she is taking all recommended supplements, D, Folic Acid, B Complex, Omega

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Thal and Menstrual Cycle
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:31 AM »
Have you ever checked her for iron deficiency? and remember our Motto "stay hydrated "  :biggrin
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:55:51 AM »
She's had a lot of health issues and they say thal minors are supposed to be asymptomatic, I could give them an earful :rotfl!!!

Iron levels have been ok, but we do try to increase her red meat and dark green at this time. 

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
Hi,I been having the same problem for some time now,I had a lots of problems since i get to now im having this thalasemia but even before when i was small i was parently very ill,but Godknow only...I had problem about 2 months a go with my period my gp nly say that its because of thalasemia so he give an tablets to stop after 4 days,advise it wount stop,the blood problem is not easy to fight at all.good luck.

Offline theresainadelaide

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:33:44 AM »
I have Thal Minor and my menstrual cycle has been a problem all my life. I am now in my 40s. My doctor recently inserted an interuterine device into my uterus and my periods are much lighter and I no longer get the sick feeling. Not sure if this would be approprioate for your daughter but it works for me
Cheers
Theresa

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:08:48 AM »
I've always had a lighter period while taking birth control pills. Whenever I stop I get heavier bleeding and increased severity of symptoms. Had my oral contraceptive recommended by a doc after a whole history was taken down. Never had issues with it. :)

Offline amena01

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
i m 23yrs married & nt having periods 4m 6 month who should i consult.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:23:46 PM »
Ammi, is your iron high?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
HbH.... I have always had a rough time with my "time". 31 years old now, and i just know that the week before will be not very productive.  I am interested if anyone else has any tips.... I CRAVE Steak and Spinach during this time, but my Iron is on the high side..... :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk