Thalassemia minor and celiac disease in children

• 32 Replies

Offline Kiya

Re: Thalassemia minor and celiac disease in children
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Hi Kiya

TTG Iga test results being so high show there still gluten in the diet.   So good luck with your label reading.

http://www.celiacsolution.com/createing-gluten-free-environment.html

Hope the attached helps.

Regards

Catherine
Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your advice. I guess we were pretty sure about her diet and also her continued improvement in terms o f vitamin deficiencies and hieght and weight etc....misled us and we never thought about her getting glutened until results came. Trying hard again for another 3-6 months to make sure that she is completely safe from gluten. Hoping for best. Thanks for the link, will definitely check.

Regards
Kiya

Offline Kiya

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Hi im thal major and have coeliac. Ive noticed when i wasnt on diet my ferritin was going down which is great but now im on it its going up.

I dont know if theres anything ic an help u wiht? but i do notice i have a lot of deficiency in vitamins
Hi eesha,

Thanks for writing. I am sure being a thal major, you are struggling much more than me. It would be great if you could share about your diagnosis, symptoms etc. will help.

Offline CatherineM

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Hi Kiya

As the vitamin deficiencies and height and weight have improved least know you are on track with caelic disease.

As your child is at school she maybe getting gluten foods outside the home.  Kids love to share food.

Regards

Catherine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk