Ear problem - any ideas??

• 1 Replies

Offline nick

Ear problem - any ideas??
« on: July 16, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »
Hello everybody as Dr Nick from the Simpsons would say!  I haven't been on this site in a while - so please forgive me for this.

For the last two years, I had a continual problem with my left ear  ???  It started out as a cold buzzing type sensation especially whilst driving, leading to an ear ache and then pressure building up in the temple  which was especially bad when flying by plane. 

I have had various treatments ranging from tablets to lidocaine patches for this but to no avail, the last thing I want is be overloaded with more drugs in addition to those needed for my thalassaemia.

The initial prognosis was neuralgia (I think thats how it spelt!) and I was given an injection to my head and neck and this numbed the sensatiion for a number of weeks but the problem returned!!

I have even gone down the road of accupuncture which has helped but is expensive, however it has helped for a time until the symptoms again return.  The ear ache mainly comes back when I am tired or very close to transfusion.

Has anyone had problems such as these or is it as my doctor jokingly says a sign of getting old!

I have even tried to avoid dairy products and gluten based foods as suggested by my accupuncturist but cannot really avoid having some milk in my diet due to the osteoporosis.

Sorry to ramble on.....

Nick

PS  Are there any patients from the UK on this site?  It would be nice to hear from you.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Ear problem - any ideas??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Nick,

I suspect a good chiropractor may be more use than acupuncture in this situation, as it sounds like pressure on a nerve may be the culprit. Getting the top of the spine properly aligned may provide relief.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk