Just want to reintroduce myself...

• 5 Replies

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Just want to reintroduce myself...
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:47:10 AM »
I have been away for a long time and there are so many new members here, so I would like to reintroduce myself to those that do not know me and for the ones who may not remember. :)

My name is Danielle, but usually go by Dee. I'm a 34 year old Thal Major from New York's Long Island, and I'm one of the administrators on this site. Andy has done an amazing job here and I'd like to applaud him but I cannot access the smilies from my phone so I'll just :clap :clap :clap . :)

I receive 2 units of washed red cells every two weeks or sooner, depending on how quickly my counts drop. I was using Desferal since I was 4 years old until my life saving drug Exjade became available to us here in the States. I've been using Exjade for about 4 years now and I couldn't be happier with it. My ferritins have gone from 2,000-4,000 down to around 500 now.

I'm also a Registered Nurse and Forensic Nurse, not working right now due to surgeries and insurance issues but I'm currently looking to get back into a job as soon as my next surgery is over with. These surgeries have nothing to do with Thal, I seem to have been born with intestinal issues as well, so I've been dealing with that. Last month I had over a foot of my large intestine removed and when I heal I'll need another surgery. I'm doing ok otherwise.

I'm looking forward to talking to some old friends while meeting all you new guys as well. It will be a pleasure to "meet" you all.

Hope you are all doing well. Miss you guys. And again, Andy, you are the best and I know in my heart that Lisa is very proud. :)

---
- ~Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:08:03 AM by Andy »

Offline Narendra

Re: Just want to reintroduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
Welcome back Danielle aka Dee.

I agree Andy has done a tremendous job. Along with him, we have Sharmin, Manal and Ziani helping out. We are so glad to have you back active on the forum.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:02:21 AM »
Danielle,

It is great to hear from you.  I am glad that you have had a lot of success with Exjade - it really can be a miracle. 

Andy has been doing a great job running the forum:)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
Welcome back Danielle aka Dee.

I agree Andy has done a tremendous job. Along with him, we have Sharmin, Manal and Ziani helping out. We are so glad to have you back active on the forum.

Thank you, Narendra! And thank you Sharmin, Manal, and Zaini for helping out and doing a great job! :)

~Danielle

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »
Danielle,

It is great to hear from you.  I am glad that you have had a lot of success with Exjade - it really can be a miracle. 

Andy has been doing a great job running the forum:)

Sharmin

Thank you, Sharmin! I'm glad to be able to communicate with you all again. :) And yes, Andy is definitely wonderful!

~Danielle

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Danielle,
so nice to see your post here. Hope you are doing well. and you are right. Andy has been doing a great job running the forum. so are Sharmin, Zaini, Manal, Narendra, and many others. I am afraid i am missign soo many names who actively participate and help out.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk