Message from my son:

• 82 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Message from my son:
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
Hey Little buddy, you are not so little anymore are ya  :wink it was nice hearing from you,keep enjoying the life :) and keep posting.

Aunt Zaini. :hugfriend
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
Thank you Maha and Zaini,

Your messages mean so much to lil A.   He sends his best to all of you and the other lil ones on this site. 

Sharmin  :hugfriend :hugfriend
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »
Hi Little A,

Good to hear from you again. It must be great to not have to poke yourself with a needle all the time. Every time I hear about a new treatment being developed, I think about how guys like you will have things a bit easier in the coming years, so you can concentrate on the important things in life, like hockey.  :biggrin   Go Sabres! Hehe. I doubt they'll win a round.

Big A
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:24:01 PM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2011, 03:33:52 PM »
Thanks Andy,

I can't wait to let him read these posts when he gets home from school.  I hope that reading his posts help parents of younger children who wonder how their children will feel about thalassemia when they are a little older.

Best,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nat

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »
 :hithere Little A,

Happy to hear you're happy...enjoying life & study!
You-playing hockey-are great, very encouraging other thal kids who loves sport.  :cheer Keep on going!

Cheers,
Nat

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »
Thanks Nat  :hugfriend

People such as yourself and your brother have lead the way for the young ones.  Hopefully lil A will help the thals who are younger than he. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline aus

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
My son Jia developed the Kell group antibody last year and now has a problem getting suitable donour. I heard from the hospital that there are only a couple of donours with the same blood type and such antibody in Perth. He is recommended not to do strenuous sports so as not to incur more blood transfusion than what is already needed. Just wondering what everyone's view on this matter.

Offline CatherineM

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2011, 05:31:39 AM »
Hi Aus

Just wondering whether you found out whether this (Kell group antibody) is available at any other Australia's blood banks maybe Adelaide.  I know this is a long way Perth maybe it would offer you some comfort to know there were more than a couple of donours available.  Surely we are able to ship blood between centre is needed.

Regards
Catherine (Melbourne)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk