Tell me about food habit

• 6 Replies
Tell me about food habit
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:37:43 PM »
Hi Group , I am a new member of this forum. My six months old daughter is Thal major.I am concerned about her food habit, I mean what to give and what to avoid . Can give her cerelac ?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Tell me about food habit
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
Cerelac has added iron and should be avoided. You can actually cook any cereal without added iron for your baby. A blender is great for preparing baby foods, even from the foods adults are eating. Unfortunately, most prepared baby cereals do have added iron, so these should be avoided.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline CatherineM

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »
Blended single vegetables or fruits are a good place too start with baby food.  All baby cereals in Australia have iron added.

Plain oats (porridge) can also be made into a baby cereal by blending.

Regards

Catherine

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »
Organic cereal's are often not fortified with iron.  We gave little A organic cereal - be sure to read the ingredients to ensure that the cereal is not iron fortified. 

Yes, the blender is the perfect tool in preparing baby food.  Blending whole foods is always best for baby. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Thanks all
actually I asked the same question to Dr. Mammen chandy of india , he suggested me that I should not restrict my baby from any food b'coz that will delay baby's growth.On the other hand The local hematologist and pediatricians restrict some food. My baby is just six months old. I am in a confusion.   

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »
The only restrictions should be foods that are not appropriate for a 6 month old child and foods containing added iron, like fortified cereals.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:49:21 PM »
My daughter's hemo in Children's hospital Boston says no food restriction needed as the iron from the food is much much lower than that from transfusion. But moderation is key for all and every thing we eat. it applies not only to thals for non-thals as well. so, do not worry. Let  your child eat all fruits and veggies. some non-veg too if you guys eat non-veg. Just make sure you child develops healthy eating habits and when it is time to start chelation, do chelate regularly. :smiley
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk