Iron enriched foods and chelation

• 1 Replies

Offline Cari

Iron enriched foods and chelation
« on: October 03, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »
Hi all,

Ari recently started taking exjade and I'm paying even closer attention to food labels than ever before.  So many products have 4% iron or 6% iron.  I don't know how extreme I should be taking it.

We have switched to Whole Grain breads and such and made sure that the daily iron percentage on packages do not exceed 8 to 10% but how do you all monitor these things when feeding the little ones?

Any particular foods to COMPLETELY stay away from?  We don't really eat beef or lamb.  I do still feed Ari spinach once in a while because I've heard the natural sources of iron are still beneficial.

Kind of confused lately and on information overload when I research.  With the new baby coming in 3 weeks - it will be nice and busy for us and I want to make sure I'm not slacking on on efforts to ensure my toddler is eating healthy!! 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Iron enriched foods and chelation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
The Standards of Care Guidelines say you can eat any iron foods. If you are going to avoid anything, red meat is highest in iron. I do not agree with avoiding iron rich plant foods, as the nutritional value is too important to ignore. And bodies do need iron in the diet since iron stores are not readily available, so dietary iron is still required. I also suggest avoiding foods with no nutritional value.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk