Spleenectomy and Tiredness

• 3 Replies

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
Spleenectomy and Tiredness
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:31:47 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question about the effects of spleenectomy. I had mine at the age of 5 in CHU, Switzerland. At the time, the docs told my parents that I may not make out tiredness. It was true at first, upto the age of about 12 I could never make out if I was tired. But after that I could make out, now of course I do.

Has this happened with anyone else? Why does this happen?

Peace to all!

Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Re: Spleenectomy and Tiredness
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
Hi Namitha,

I got my splenectomy done in March 2005. Till January 2006 my Haemoglobin prior to transfusions was in the range of 9 and 9.7 and i had no tiredness, but since february my haemoglobin has dropped down and prior to transfusion it stays between 8 n 9 and because of this i do have tiredness, fast heart beats and a minute pain in the chest lasting for 2 to 3 seconds.
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:35:37 PM »
Hi Sahil

Are those fast heart beats and minute chest pains a result of cardiomegaly or low Hb?

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:07:27 AM »
Hello Namitha,

What i feel is those fast heart beats n minute chest pian is because of low Haemoglobin. Before splenectomy i had my Hb at 5.5 - 7 (prior to transfusion) and i had symptoms then.....and now because of this low Hb i must have developed cardiomegaly....its vacation time now here so i would be seeing a cardiologist and an endocrinologist soon......!

Hope you are in good health....! take care.....!
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk