Re: Iron Chelation Drugs
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
Great Advice Andy.
Regards.

Offline paints

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »
Hello, all!
Does anyone know if I can take IP6 and Curcumin along with Exjade? Would it causes any serious drug interactions? Any answer would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Everyday is a blessing.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
Hello, all!
Does anyone know if I can take IP6 and Curcumin along with Exjade? Would it causes any serious drug interactions? Any answer would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
You should be fine.
Every child is special.

Offline htuongvy

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »
Asunra is available in Pakistan and there is no reason that you can't take it. With a ferritin of 7000, I would suggest taking both desferal and Asunra. Your doctor is confused about what "older" patients means. There is a high death rate in Exjade users who are quite old, >60, and who have a different disorder. At your age, you should have no concerns. You do need to be much more aggressive with your chelation, Take 200 mg vitamin C when you begin desferal, as this will aid iron remoaval. Don't take more than 250 mg daily.

Hi Andy,
My son is taking Exjade ( 2 tablets 2 times),  his ferritin is about 1100. So that does he need to take Vit C ? When and how many per time will be good?
Tks so much.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 02:25:41 AM »
Vitamin C adds to the chelation effect of desferal. This is not the case with Exjade. If your son has a good diet with fruits and vegetables, he should be able to get enough vitamin C that way. Citrus fruits are especially high in C.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline htuongvy

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »
Vitamin C adds to the chelation effect of desferal. This is not the case with Exjade. If your son has a good diet with fruits and vegetables, he should be able to get enough vitamin C that way. Citrus fruits are especially high in C.
Tks Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk