need answers

• 3 Replies
need answers
« on: April 02, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »
I posted a while back. When I was a baby doctors gave my mom a sheet for me and my twin brother for thal minor. I have never had problems until over a year ago. I would black out a lot get too hot. Dizzy nausous tired all the time... Sometimes can't walk or even talk... Just can't even think. I get dizzy. Have to eat every 2 3 to 4 hours or I have these symptoms. I get sick and usually feel better and can keep food down. I went to doctor numerous times and they so thal has nothing to do with it and didn't really help me figure it out. The doctor I go to now said thal has nothing to do with it. She has me taking my blood sugar for two weeks. She thinks hypoglycemic

I just would like to see if anybody can tell me any information of what they think. I have had a horrible day.
Thanks

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: need answers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »
Most of the symptoms do sound more like hypoglycemia than anything to do with thal minor. The tiredness and dizziness may be affected by thal minor but eating so often sounds hypoglycemic. I agree with your new doctor that this needs to be investigated first.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline ldominguez1022

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Hey Annie,

I also suffer from something very similiar to this. I do not have hypoglycemia or diabetes and have been tested for these. I have a normal fasting blood glucose.

I have always had issues with temperature balance (since childhood). Mainly from heat. If I get over heated, I tend to pass out or black out (where my vision goes black). It will usually happen very quickly and not necessarily because of the weather outside. I will break out in a cold sweat, be trembling and become extremely lethargic. It is very odd and the only thing doctors could ever tell me about it is that it may be something to do with my thyroid or my migraines. I have had countless tests, and nothing seems to be out of whack. So I just keep myself indoors, don't over exert myself and try to eat balanced meals every few hours.

I find eating high sugary/carb foods makes it worse. Extreme changes in temperature make it worse as well. I live in South Florida and the weather here is very unforgiving. Especially now. It is only 85 and I get a bit of lightheadedness just walking to the mailbox.

I'm sure there is some type of explaination for this, but I haven't been able to find it. I hope you are able to find some answers.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »
It's actually quite common among thals, minor through major, to feel hot. It is attributed to the constant hemolysis that takes place in thals, As the red cells break down, heat is released.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk