Asunra

• 8 Replies

Offline surendra

Asunra
« on: April 09, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »
What is the best????
give asunra empty stomach or with meal or after meal.

Offline maha

Re: Asunra
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »
Hi Surendra
You can give asunra in any of these ways, it doesn't make any difference. When I used to give my son asunra in the morning on an empty stomach his appetite was down the bottom. So I give his first dose before lunch and his second after dinner, because this schedule suits him.

maha

Offline surendra

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »
hi maha
I have noticed that her appetite has become very low from when I started asunra empty stomach. I have read instruction on asunra box that it be given only empty stomach.

Offline maha

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »
Do check out this link http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,4004.msg39993.html#msg39993
Asunra can be mixed even with food. It does not affect the efficacy of the medicine. My son gets to eat a few nuts in between sips. I have been doing this for more than a year now and his ferritin has come down to 500, so don't worry about the info on the box, its outdated. Since my son is going to school he gets his first dose as soon as he returns, a quick shower and then he eats lunch. His second dose is just before he goes to bed. You can follow any routine that suits your lil one.
maha

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
We are splitting the Asunra/Exjade dose as follows:

125mg one hour after breakfast.
200mg one hour after dinner.

So far, it works fine. Splitting helped us overcome the problem of vomit and nausea. The appetite goes down but not a great deal.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Offline surendra

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:39:10 AM »
Thanks to both.
I'll try it with my daughter.

Offline surendra

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
we are splitting the dose of asunra and give 200mg each in morning and evening but her stomach is very disturbed. She has loose motion on every day and color of stool is blackish brown. I am giving her syrup, bananas to treat loose motion but it's not working.  she has loose motion 3-4 times a day.
What should I do??

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »
Do check out this link http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,4004.msg39993.html#msg39993
Asunra can be mixed even with food. It does not affect the efficacy of the medicine. My son gets to eat a few nuts in between sips. I have been doing this for more than a year now and his ferritin has come down to 500, so don't worry about the info on the box, its outdated. Since my son is going to school he gets his first dose as soon as he returns, a quick shower and then he eats lunch. His second dose is just before he goes to bed. You can follow any routine that suits your lil one.
maha

Our 3 year old kid Feriritin increased to 3000.. We dissolve 200mg of Asunra in water and then add baby milk powder in morning and same in the evening.. Sometime he drinks all and sometime he does not.. Is it permitted to crush the tablet and mix it with Yogurt? That may be easier to comply but we are not sure what to do.. his BMT done  in Pakistan was unsuccessful.. so he was off for sometime from using Asunra.. that may have caused this increase..

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 11:53:44 PM »
It is fine to crush the tablets and mix with any soft food he will eat. It makes it easier to take and makes compliance better. It also works just as well as when taken with juice. It can even be taken after meals. All that matters is that the drug is taken. Even when the BMT is successful, chelation often has to be continued for some time after the BMT.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk