My Iron Reports & Further Questions.

• 75 Replies

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: My Iron Reports & Further Questions.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
No, it's not my report day but just came to post something interesting.

Whiteness is starting to appear and improve day by day in my feet/foot mainly. I was never black (note that my skin tone is very bright originally) and still improving day by day.

God knows how much brighter would I look originally should I not have had iron overload.  :wink

The opposite side of my palms (i.e. the wrist and fingers part) is also starting to show improvement lately in fairness.

edit: Did I said that I've been getting hypoglycemia/low sugar and late sleep due to it daily since 5-6 days despite my lowering 4-5 units of my short acting insulin and even not taking long acting one at night?

I really look forward to the day where my ferritin would be something admirable. I live everyday in the same hope to live back or flow back into the vista of good old golden days when I was a kid and I didn't had diabetes. I was 14 on 24th January 2009, and I was still 14th on 25th January when I woke up to the devastating news as a kid.

Diabetes did taught me a lot of things as well, one of them importantly living and eating healthy and well.

Now the present scenario is such that every event of my life is compared by me naturally to my present and past before diabetes. If it was not this, then...? I hope I'll be able to curb these ifs one day and laugh at my previous years.

Anyway, been taking 3 IP6 daily (1500mg) along with 1600mg Exjade. I stopped IP6 for 2 days recently just to solve some gas related problem and now back on it!

I'm now keenly awaiting for next ferritin report which will be after 1 week.

Best,

-P.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:14:24 PM by Pratik »
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
You're seeing real progress. Watch your sugar levels closely, as your insulin requirements appear to be dropping and should with your current chelation regimen, and I include IP6 as part of that regimen. IP6 is well known for its quality of quickly removing iron from your skin. Be assured that it is also working in your organs and glands.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2013, 06:28:46 AM »
You're seeing real progress. Watch your sugar levels closely, as your insulin requirements appear to be dropping and should with your current chelation regimen, and I include IP6 as part of that regimen. IP6 is well known for its quality of quickly removing iron from your skin. Be assured that it is also working in your organs and glands.
I'm very glad to hear such good assurance statements every time, especially from you.  :biggrin

Phew. Not wanting to make any conclusion and then get sad but:

Without IP6, my ferritin every 42 days was getting lowered by around 600-800 units. I'd now assume that with IP6, it should be at least 800-1000 units drop every 42 days.

Let's see on the Friday (next week)!

Best,

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
Also one more question,

If I take IP6 around my blood work days, would there be any influence of wrong report possibly in my ferritin readings as it binds the iron?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »
It will not affect any tests.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Here are what lab reports read today:

Last result on 08 March 2013 was 5417.

Todays result after standard 42 days: 4756.

That means a reduction of 661 in 42 days.

Not very high reduction but still very good. I'm acquiring much fairness than what I had at 4456 a couple of months ago. So I think my skin iron is also being removed along with organs. I guess I could treat to IP6 for fairness.

Lets see how fair I get once I reach below 1000. :D

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
Here are what lab reports read today:

Last result on 08 March 2013 was 5417.

Todays result after standard 42 days: 4756.

That means a reduction of 661 in 42 days.

Not very high reduction but still very good. I'm acquiring much fairness than what I had at 4456 a couple of months ago. So I think my skin iron is also being removed along with organs. I guess I could treat to IP6 for fairness.

Lets see how fair I get once I reach below 1000. :D

-P.

Also,

I take IP6 after meals so as they are easy on stomach. That might be reducing it's efficacy?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:44 AM »
What are your views Andy?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 03:19:08 PM »
Pratik,

I would not worry about when you take IP6. It is obviously working, as the first sign you see from IP6 is skin lightening. As I've mentioned before, what you don't see is most important. You cannot see IP6 cleaning your pituitary but it is working to do so. Your progress continues to be good. Please be aware that a point will come when your tissue iron is greatly reduced. At that time, you will see the ferritin drop to the range you want. Keep in mind, that even with intensive chelation, it takes around a year and a half to clean the iron from the heart. Patience and perserverance are the keys.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »
Thank you very much Andy, your words sooth me. Starting to get signs of positive results.

Also, I have observed that my heart beats are getting better, especially through the half cycle of the transfusion when Hb is little higher.

Also I don't take green tea extract as it made my heart race at 140 b/m like a mad man and I couldn't sleep. When I tried it again, the same followed up. I was only taking one capsule, still.

I think I'll try to prepare green tea of the capsule in half-half dosage. One half in morning and other in the evening and see.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
Back with some updates.

On 17 April, 2013 my ferritin was 4756.

As of 26th August, 2013, it is 4300, that means a reduction of 356 units in 4 months.

I know this may not seem much reduction, but these past months my SGPT rose a little higher and is still around 81 or so, so 2-3 days I stopped it and then for like 2 weeks, I took only 1/4th or 1/2 of my dose (1600 mg, normally).

Still I'm happy.

I sometimes now get hypoglycemia in the morning 7 AM (it just starts, not intense one) when I wake up to take Asunra, so that time I eat apple to cope up. It only occurred sometimes but still, even though I discontinued and stopped taking Lantus (long acting insuline) during night (sleep time). Yep, that's right, I don't take the night long acting dosage since quite a while now.

I hope by end of this year, I can truly see ferritin somewhere around 3000-3300, because no matter whatever efforts I make it just somehow doesn't go below 4K or some problem arises and I need to keep myself cool on the dosage for a while. I hope I am just able to conquer things this time. This topic was started more than an year ago, 28th April 2012, I remember the date when I started split dosage, still I feel that somehow I'm still there at the same place. Hope I really am able to make a come back and throw down my ferritin rapidly now.

Best,

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 09:32:51 AM »
Hi P,

At least it is not a bad news as ur fe do not jump to higher value inspite of ur low dosage

Are u getting frequently hypo in morning? If yes u should adjust the dosage of night by one or two units.

Me too got hypo today  :hugfriend
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »
I just hate this a lot now.

On 26 August, 2013, my ferritin was 4300. And as per today's report of 14 November, 2013, it is 5100. It is true that I transfuse these days in recent months 2-4 days earlier than my regular time span (21 days, two bags of blood, around 450-500 CC). But it still shouldn't jump like this I believe.

However it is also true that I'm noticing a lot of difference in my sugar levels and that it is relaxing these days a bit by bit, so that's the only positive thing I've in my mind currently.

Why the heck this happens every time? I just can't understand this logic.

Any suggestions or ideas Andy?

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
Have patience and observe the improvements. Ferritin is a frustrating measure. I would pay far more attention to the improvement you see in your sugar.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
Hey everybody and Andy,

I forgot to update the last report, i.e. of January 11, 2014.

Giving an insight on the background of last few months first, my ferritin was last checked on around November 11, 2013, so exactly around 2 months or so from the time of the latest reports. Back then, it was 5160.

Thereafter in these two months and since long, the blood many a times came thick (automated machine process sometimes made it very thick) and hence many of the times, the full blood won't be transfused and as a result the transfusion frequency also increased slightly. But a nice thing is that since past 2 times, the quality is again great.

Meanwhile, I was still taking 1600mg Exjade dosage. It was only recently (20 days ago or so) that I pushed the limit to 1800mg.

And the report on 11 Jan 2014 read as 4653. So a reduction of around 500 units in 2 months despite of little more transfusing, which is good I think! Hopefully, now, the progress will continue the same and it won't betray me. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk