Anyone tried coconuts?

• 12 Replies

Offline Answers4N

Anyone tried coconuts?
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
I was recently sent a book by David Wolfe (2009) called Eating for Beauty, Wolfe claims, "Young coconut water is identical to human blood plasma, making it the universal donor. Plasma makes up 55% of human blood. The remaining 45% of our blood consists of hemoglobin, which is essentially transformed plant blood (chlorophyll). When we consume a drink of consisting of 55% fresh coconut water and 45% fresh green-leaf juice, we give our-selves an instant blood transfusion" (p. 77).

I have never tried this, but I think it might be worth a try for our son (minor), I am really interested to see if his hemoglobin would react positively to the combination. Has anyone heard of this before or tried this?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Anyone tried coconuts?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
Coconut water is very nutritious and loaded with minerals. Chlorophyll is identical to hemoglobin except it has a magnesium atom rather than an iron atom at its center. However, since food is digested, the ability of chlorophyll to affect the hemoglobin level is suspect. Dy Chris Reynolds has talked about this in reference to wheatgrass and he believes that chlorophyll is not the important factor in wheatgrass, although it does have value. Coconut water is nourishing and delicious, so I do recommend it but don't expect any big changes in Hb.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
I am Major and I take Coconut water as well. It's a rich minerals drink and I advice to give it to your child, whether Major or Minor, it would be beneficiary. I was suggested by an Endocrinologist back in 2009, though I used to take it since my childhood (I love it). Also it has good amount of potassium which is helpful for building bone mass and keeping the bones healthy, as well.
Every child is special.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
I'm beginning to try the packaged coconut water in grocery stores here in US. I've seen 2 brands so far - Naked and Zico.

I'm sure these don't compare to real fresh coconut (off the tree) but hopefully these are not too bad quality wise. They are surely convenient.

Offline Answers4N

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
Thank you all for your feedback on the coconut theory & use!

Texas-Thal,

There is a newer fresh coconut milk product in the refrigerated section of most big name grocery markets including super Walmarts, I think it is made by Silk, they also make an almond milk, and soy milk. I don't know if it is any better than the shelf versions. I actually attempted to give our little one coconut milk/water when we took him off of cow's milk to assess an iron anemia he has, he would not drink it at all - yet, he loves the vanilla almond milk...probably because it is sweeter, lol.

I am hoping to check a whole foods store soon for the whole young coconuts and to pick up some coconut oil - that book I referenced above, also mentioned in great detail the benefits of coconut water/milk and oil for thyroid function...I might have to check it out myself for that purpose alone!

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
I am Major and I take Coconut water as well. It's a rich minerals drink and I advice to give it to your child, whether Major or Minor, it would be beneficiary. I was suggested by an Endocrinologist back in 2009, though I used to take it since my childhood (I love it). Also it has good amount of potassium which is helpful for building bone mass and keeping the bones healthy, as well.
Hi Pratik,
You are right, Potassium is very helpful and also can help to remove dehydration from body. We use fresh coconut water for our family and add glucose, sodium and lemon drops in coconut water so it become fresh nutritional energy drink. And pure and  natural.
In addition my doctor suggested me to take coconut water weekly when i ask him for magnesium supplements with calcium.
And as Andy said that it is having magnesium atom so it is very natural drink.
We are lucky that we can get whole year coconut water(Trofa) easily in India.
Dharmesh
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »
Yes Dharmesh, we are most lucky considering the availability of fresh natural coconut water throughout India, haha.
Every child is special.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Fresh coconut water is not only available but affordable in India.

In US, fresh coconuts cost $3 each. Even the bottled versions are expensive.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »
Yeah, here they mostly cost around only $0.3 USD (or 10-15 INR).  :biggrin
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Hi guys,
If anybody want fresh Coconut then i will export to you from here India.
Ha Ha Ha.  :biggrin Just Joking. I pray to god that it becomel be available at your local place.
Dharmesh.

Offline Bobby

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »
My friends in Pune introduced me to fresh coconut water when I visited for 2 weeks. Everyday for tea break I would have coconut water instead. I liked it alot.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Yeah, my dad buys them daily, I love them as well. Taste goods and full of nutrients and energy.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
HI BOBBY, PRATIK,
MY DOC. SUGGESTED ME TO TAKE COCONUT WATER TWICE IN  A WEEK.
DHARMESH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk