Question about new symptoms

• 1 Replies
Question about new symptoms
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »
My sister, like me, has thal minor. She has started experiencing back pain and unexplained bruising.  She works a very physical job and she's under a lot of stress right now. She thought the back pain was job related, but the bruising sent her to the doctor. They did blood tests and told her she was anemic and needed more testing.

They know she's a thal minor, but I doubt they really know what that means.  I'm trying to get her results so I can interpret them myself!

Anyway, has anyone ever got new symptoms like this?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Question about new symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »
If there was nothing unusual in the blood test concerning platelet levels, then I would recommend supplementing with at least 1000 mg vitamin C daily, as easy bruising is almost always a sign of vitamin C deficiency. If you do get the blood test results, I would be happy to look at them and see if there is anything unusual that one would not expect from a thal minor. As far as symptoms of thal minor, most doctors will tell you there are none, but this is not true at all, and I have previously posted studies about symptoms in minors.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk