arginine butyrate

• 4 Replies

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
arginine butyrate
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:01:54 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has taken arginine butyrate injection. It is supposed to increase the Hb levels. On the nutrition front, bananas are supposed to contain butyrate. My grandfather who was a chemistry professor at the Indian Institute of Science used to make me eat 3 bananas a day. He was in touch with a researcher at the Whitehead Institute, MA who told him that  butyrate helps.

Anyone with further info on this, please do post it. I am inter but take trans every 2 months. I want to reduce my trans requirments.

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
Re: arginine butyrate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:40:34 PM »
Believe it or not?

Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber, a banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.

Providing energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.

Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.

To read more of this article please click on the link below:
http://www.personalchefricardo.com/Why%20bananas%20are%20good%20for%20you.htm

Also another site that mentions bananas in relation to anemia:
http://www.rawplus.com/banana.html

And if you want to learn 31 facts on bananas click on link below:
http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/bananas.html

I think the new slogan is "A banana a day keeps the doctor away"

Happy munching  Miaki

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 05:10:36 AM »
I love bananas!

But I also go BANANAS when I hear if anything contains IRON!!!

I didn't know that bananas contain it!

Oh man! why does everything that I love contain Iron. I love apples and bananas!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:41:28 AM »
One medium banana has about .3 mg of iron in it. Although it is considered a good iron food for anemia, it is not exceptionally high. By comparison a beef steak of the same weight has 2.7 mg iron, 9 times that amount. Also, the steak has heme iron, which is much more readily absorbed than the non heme iron found in bananas. In addition, bananas are a great source of potassium, which is a very good mineral for proper heart function. Bananas are a very good food. Unless you're eating dozens of bananas each day, I don't think iron content is a concern.

Eat your bananas.  :food
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 02:31:45 PM »
Hi Miaki, Sajid and Andy

Thanx for the info. I too freak out if I get to know if my fave stuff has iron. But as Andy said, no worries. So let's continue eating those delicious bananas.

Thanx.

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk