talasemia treatment in la linea spain

• 1 Replies
talasemia treatment in la linea spain
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:05:01 PM »
hi i m planing to moove in la linea spain .My son has thal.b major he is 36 years old and use feriprox and desferal  , i need informations about the treatment in spain, if i m gona pay for the medicines,where i can buy these? or they gave it in the hospitals? what i must do first to go to the hospital or to find a doct. etc we gona have the european card for the begining till to have the health card from la linea if someone can help us plz . thnx

Offline Laura

Re: talasemia treatment in la linea spain
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
Hello!
I am not from Andalucia but I think I can tell you more or less what to do.
Take your European Card and go to the nearest hospital. Bring with you all the documents from your origin hospital explaining the treatment and make sure your doctor writes down on the documents the pre-transfusional Hb level you have to keep. In Spain there is a general opinion between doctors that Hb should be around 8Hb before transfusion.
Just go there and tell them your story. They will open a folder with your details and the copy of all the documents from your hospital and they will give you a date for your treatment.
About the medicines, that is another issue. I think that they won't give you the medicines until you have the Spanish card, I mean, you have to be Spanish to have them. However, the doctor in Spain will be able to explain it in deed.
If you need me to do anything for you please write me to lauratrives@hotmail.com and I'll answer you back.
Kisses,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk