• 27 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: I have a new arrhythmia :(
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »
Dear Danielle,

Praying that your ablation procedure goes well without any pain and suffering.

Hoping to see you back on the forum soon

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »
Hi Danielle,

Hope everything went well with the ablation procedure ......

take care,

bostonian
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Hallu

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 04:10:37 PM »
Has anybody heard from Danielle? How is she doing? I'm hoping e'thing went well.

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »

How is Danielle? How did it all go? Please someone give us some clue. I am waiting for Danielle to be back in action as normal as normal can be.  :pray

Hope Danielle is completely ok.

Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 09:31:16 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words.  Unfortunately, it was one of the most painful things I've experienced in my life, and I didn't get any pain meds at all the whole time I was there.  I went through most of it awake, and then I just got to the point where I was crying uncontrollably and shaking while I was strapped to the table, so the surgeon couldn't continue doing his delicate work with me like that and ended up knocking me out.  The pain was severe, and I'm able to take unbelievable amounts of pain, so you know it was bad.    :sadyup

If he didn't knock me out, I was about to pass out anyway.  I felt my eyes rolling into the back of my head. The surgeon was very mean about it, and didn't even care about the pain I was in.  The only reason why he ended up knocking me out was because I was shaking too much for him to continue.  I heard him say, "I cannot work like this!  Knock her out!"  He kept yelling at me to stop moving, as if I was able to control it.  :rolleyes  It was agony, and I'm glad it's over.  :wah

He said that it's a 70% chance that it worked.  I hope to God that it worked, because I will never go through that excruciating pain ever again in my life.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone.  I really appreciate it.    :bighug

I'm home now and resting.  I'm extremely traumatized over the whole ordeal, so I'm trying to block it out of my brain.   :(

You are all so wonderful.  Thank you for your concern and well wishes.   :wub

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 09:50:21 PM »
POOR DANIELLE!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW UNPROFESSIONAL AND INHUMANE YOUR DR IS!!! :bat IS THERE ANYONE YOU CAN COMPLAIN TOO? WHAT WAS HIS PROBLEM?   :huh I MEAN YOU WERE THE ONE DOING ALL THE WORK,TRYING TO SUSTAIN THE TORTUROUS PAIN FROM THE PROCEDURE! :mad
LETS HOPE HE REDEEMS HIMSELF SOMEWHAT, AND FIXED YOUR PROBLEM FOR GOOD.
CAN I ASK, WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROCEDURE? WHERE YOU CUT OPEN? WAS THERE SCALPELS,OR SHOCKS???
I AM REALLY SORRY FOR ALL OF THIS. :console
 :flowers
PLEASE FEEL BETTER AND KNOW I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR FULL RECOVERY! :pray

:heartred  :hug
CHRISTINE

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 03:34:39 AM »
Danielle,

I am so glad the procedure is over. And it better work. After the way the surgeon behaved, all I can think is  :bat  :bat  :bat

We hear so many complaints about some medical professionals and the lack of concern and empathy often exhibited, but this is ridiculous! Heart surgeons in the US make big time money and some consideration for the patient is in order and there is absolutely no excuse for such a lack of sensitivity towards patients. It's a shame that people in a profession that is supposed to be all about helping others can't always remember that. There are tons of great people working in the medical profession but there are also far too many like this doctor who has lost sight of the fact that patients are human.

Get well soon Danielle.    :hug  :getwell
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 05:53:29 AM »
Hi Danielle,

You poor thing! :console I can't believe a heart surgeon could behave like that! He has NO HEART himself and requires a surgery for one :biggrin

:pissedoff That BUTCHER of a professional #$!*%$^!!! :tantrum

I hope that's the last time you ever see an operation theater and get a BIG! reward for all the pain and suffering that you have gone through. :pop

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline jzd24

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 05:56:02 AM »
Danielle,
     I feel so bad that you had to go through such agony, and then to have such an insensitive, horrible doctor. I hope the traumatic memory of it all will soon be lessened somewhat by the success of the procedure. We can pray for that. You are a brave woman and we are all so happy to have you back.  :getwell  :bighug

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »
Hi Danielle,

First I am so glad to hear from you  :hug. U poor thing, what an experience. That surgeon  :mad. What a meanie! This is inhuman.  :evilplan He should be given a vet's dose of a huge injection.

I hope you're feeling better now.  :getwell Dont think of the incident. Take care of yourself  :hug Brave Danielle

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 02:20:24 PM »
Wel-Come back Danielle
Wish you a Speedy Recovery....! And Strength To Fight in All the Circumstances....!
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 03:58:46 PM »
Hi Danielle,

Wishing you a speedy recivery ...

Take care,

Bostonian
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Hallu

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »
Danielle,
So sorry to hear about the pain that you had to go through. Wish you a very speedy recovery. I hope and pray that your problem was whisked away 100%.

Take care,
Hallu

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk