Splitting exjade

• 13 Replies

Offline aam

Splitting exjade
« on: November 12, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
Hi andy,

I read in forums that splitting dose is a good idea and many have said its beneficial to decrease liver toxicity and controlling iron in a better way for same dose.  I have a few questions on splitting the dose.

Will splitting the dose cause decrease in the peak concentration of exjade in blood?  Will exjade still be effective when peak concentration is less?   In other words, does exjade require minimum serum concentration in blood to be effective?    Does  splitting the dose mean 10 mg/dl  for longer duration in blood[24hr]  is equally effective as 20mg/dl for 12 hr?

Thanks,

Can you advice on this concentration and effectiveness issue?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:04:43 AM by aam »

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Splitting exjade
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
All the people over here at Thalpal, who used split dosage has noticed nothing but positive results, including me.

So yes, do it without doubt and you shall yourself notice the difference.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:06:51 AM »
Exjade has a half life of 8-16 hours. Peak concentration occurs 1.5 to 4 hours after taking the drug. What this tells us is that during the second part of that 8 hours, the concentration is dropping. By splitting the dose, you can cover a 24 hour period with chelation. This is not possible with once per day. The goal expressed by most top thal doctors is chelation 24/7. This can be accomplished with Ferriprox, but can only happen with a split dose of Exjade. For desferal, you need to be chelating around the clock to get 24/7 coverage. The total Exjade in the body will not be as high at any one time with the split dose as it gets with once daily, but this is preferable for many patients, as the side effects are also reduced. Generally, we are hearing better results from liver and kidney monitoring, and patients are finding Exjade works much better when the chelation is 24/7. This coincides with observations about desferal. The same 2 gram dose of desferal taken over a 18 hour period will chelate more iron than when taken over a 12 hour period. Since red blood cells break down constantly, releasing their iron into the blood, we should also be striving for 24/7 chelation, so there are never periods when a chelator isn't active in the body. I feel that patients can also help themselves by taking chelating substances like IP6 and green tea extract, as these substances can reach areas that most chelators have much difficulty reaching. The recent reports on Sharmin's son have further backed up the use of antioxidant chelating supplements. I don't think you will find many 12 year old thal majors whose hormone levels and pituitary gland are perfectly normal. Her son's are. This backs up both the use of chelation 24/7 and also the use of these antioxidants. IP6 can clean iron out anywhere in the body. I believe supplementing should become a routine for thals.

Oakland Children's Hospital, recognized as the top thal center in the US, has endorsed the split dose method for Exjade. This should assure all on the value of this method.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline aam

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
Thank you Andy & Pratik for your advise.  We just ordered green tea extract and IP 6.  We have also started splitting the exjade dose.

--
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:08:39 AM by aam »

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
I am on splitted dosage.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
s . ferritin 1129 at month april 2012 / s. ferrtin 1192 at may 2012 / Asunra started on 21st may -splitted dose-20mg/kg / august s. ferritin 1231 / november s. ferritin 1134......Asunra works....

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
But what is IP6 ?

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »
And what r the other antioxidant chelating substances....can u name some of those ?

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »
IP 6 is a natural chelating vitamin which is found in small amounts in rice and some protein diet such as soyabeans, but it's not sufficient.

I would recommend to see this video and it explains everything, they also mentioned use of kelfer and desferal and comparing IP 6 to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVE_p1viMI

http://www.seacoast.com/ip6-gold-with-inositol/ip6-international/120-caps/p157

I've also ordered it online from the above link and gladly awaiting to start it.

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »
I do not advise the website webmd, which pays for placement on Google, be used. I find it no better than wikipedia, as it is full of errors. Immediately upon looking at the article, I see the claim that it hasn't been researched with cancer patients, when in fact, the bulk of the study on IP6 has been with cancer patients because it has an ability to inhibit the damage that iron does in the body.

IP6 is found naturally everywhere in your body. This is a fact. It is a powerful antioxidant that both chelates iron and prevents the damage iron does in cells. My wife has used IP6 faithfully for 8 years, since her first diagnosis with breast cancer. She has had no recurrence, but also her other tests have all been normal, including her bone scans.

IP6 is an extremely mild substance that is naturally found in the bran of grains. Patients using it, such as little A, have had excellent test results in all related tests. I highly recommend IP6 because it has the ability to reach where chelators cannot, and clean iron out of places like the glands and the brain. It cannot replace a chelator (although a concentrated form should be studied for this purpose), but is an excellent supplement to chelation. The only restriction is that it should not be taken at the same time as protein foods (like milk) as it reacts with protein which lessens its effects.

The choice is up to each person to make. I see patients following the program espoused by thalpal doing quite well. I think you have to look at actual results involving thals. I also suggest members avoid the websites that pay for placement on Google, as I have yet to see one that has value.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »
Dear Pratik
see the side effects of IP6 which is really a matter of worry...

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-775-IP-6.aspx?activeIngredientId=775&activeIngredientName=IP-6
Hi,

I agree with what Andy said.

Furthermore, I provided you with a video link of whole 25 minutes in detail, where Dr John explains fully in detail as to why FDA won't approve this drug because yeah, big company pays them far more than this would and so it would be never approved, same like Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) despite it's tons of benefits and great effect.

In that video, Dr John also explains the misconception about IP 6 causing Anemia due to it's iron removing properties and says it DOES NOT remove any normal iron but only EXCESS iron.

Other facts are also covered well.

I would really advise you to see the video and I'm sure your doubts will be cleared. :)

Furthermore, see on Google about benefits of IP 6 tablets, so many good reviews from cancer and other normal patients as well.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »
Pratik, you have it right. The body regulates. This is always most important to remember. The body uses substances when needed. If the need is great, it will use the substance if it is provided. It regulates, though. So, it will not deplete the body of needed vitamins and minerals. IP6 is already in your body, but in thalassemia, the need for antioxidants is much greater, so supplementing is the only way your body can get the quantity needed.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
IP 6 has arrived and I've already started taking it.

Excited a lot, yay! 

:yaaaaaay

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk