Bone Marrow Donor Search

• 1 Replies

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
Bone Marrow Donor Search
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
Hi,

I am from bangalore - India, I am father of 1 year old thalassemic baby girl. I have been following each and every post very closely on thalpal and was overwhelmed by the enthusiasm, die hard spirit and  positive attitude towards life of all dealing with thalassemia.  Hats off to one and all.

I have read lots of post but could not really find any post on Bone Marrow Donor Search. Can any one help me with information on how to search for bone marrow donor both in India and abroad. How do I contact the concerned institution. i already have done the HLA typing of my daughter.   

regards,
Himanshu

Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
Re: Bone Marrow Donor Search
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »
Dear Andy,

I tried find a potential match in NMDP website and this is what the website had to display.

Oct 15, 2012, 10:33 AM CT

Results for the HLA type you entered:
A: 03,11 B: 40,52 C: DRB1: 07,15

Please make sure your HLA was entered correctly.
To make a change, return to the HLA entry form.

Be The Match Registry® Potential Adult Donors:
Potential matches at 8 of 8 HLA markers: 13
Potential matches at 7 of 8 HLA markers: 1326
Potential matches at 6 of 8 HLA markers: 0

I am not sure if I have entered the details correctly as the website did allow me to enter the HLA typing details as is given in the report.
Given below is the HLA typing of my daughter

A* - 03 / 11
B* - 40 / 52:01:01:01
DRB1 - 07:01:01:01 / 15
DRB3 / 4 / 5 - DRB 4/ DRB 5

Could you please pass this information to Eugenio and Dr. Sodani. I shall also write to both of them separately.

Regards,
Himanshu
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk