hi frndz

• 30 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: hi frndz
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
Hawa,

We can give you better direction and help you get your iron load down. Let us know what your current chelation program is.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »
Hi Hawa,
Good to know that you are doing MCA.

Your Ferritin is quiet high , is it the latest report?
Which chelator are u using?Asunra? What's ur weight?

M taking Asunra + Desferal. Recently my ferriting came to 6454 from 11452. M also diabetic since March 2006.

This site will be much helpful to you for getting up to date info on thal. You can share ur thoughts.

Yeah, ths is my latest report..
Currently my weight is 61 kg
I m taking only kelfer..
I m planning to take desferal, is that painful?
I hv nvr tried it before..

And dharmesh, wt r u doing?
Study cmpltd?

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
Hawa,

We can give you better direction and help you get your iron load down. Let us know what your current chelation program is.

Sir i m taking kelfer-500, 9 tabs/day..
And my tranfusion period is 15 days, 2 btls by maintaing hb around 10

Sir plz guide me

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »
hey pratik,

4rm which university r u doing ur diploma?
Is is G.T.U?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
Hawa,

How long have you been taking that dose of kelfer and what is your weight? Desferal would help your ferritin to drop more quickly if taken a couple times a week in addition to the kelfer you already take.
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
Hawa,

How long have you been taking that dose of kelfer and what is your weight? Desferal would help your ferritin to drop more quickly if taken a couple times a week in addition to the kelfer you already take.
She told she's 61 kg 2 posts right above yours. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:34 AM »
Hawa,

I have been taking kelfer since i was 5 years old.
My weight is 61 kg.

I m also thinking to take desferal, bt I am scared of the pain of its injection.
Is it really painful treatement?

I dont know much about it.
Plz tell me more..

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 11:48:18 PM »
Hawa,

Tell me more about your history. You are taking the correct dose of Kelfer now. Have you been on Kelfer regularly since you were 5? Has there been any long breaks when you took no chelation? Has your ferritin always been high or has it gone higher over time? Have you ever tried Exjade?
Andy

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »
Hawa,

Tell me more about your history. You are taking the correct dose of Kelfer now. Have you been on Kelfer regularly since you were 5? Has there been any long breaks when you took no chelation? Has your ferritin always been high or has it gone higher over time? Have you ever tried Exjade?

Yes sir, i m taking kelfer regularly without any long break..
Abt 2 years ago, i tried exjade for 3-4 months.. Bt due to some side effects, i stopped taking it.. And then again continue kelfer..

This is the first time i am getting this much high ferritine..
Actually sir, since about 1 year, we were misguided by ferritine report of some lab, it was shaowing the figure like ' >1650 ', bt this time i changed the lab nd now the current report is showing ferritine as 8850..

In september 2011, it was around 4500..

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »
Hawa,

Have you had any MRI for liver or heart iron? I am concerned that the ferritin tests are incorrect because you say you did not have high ferritin before and your Kelfer dose is fine. MRI scans give a much more accurate measure of iron than ferritin. I have heard many ferritin reports from people in India this year that don't make any sense, so I suspect it is the testing that is the problem. Can you find another lab to do the test?
Andy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
Hawa,

I'd suggest to tell your lab to give blood sample to Rainbaxy outlet for ferritin test.
Every child is special.

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »
Hawa,

Have you had any MRI for liver or heart iron? I am concerned that the ferritin tests are incorrect because you say you did not have high ferritin before and your Kelfer dose is fine. MRI scans give a much more accurate measure of iron than ferritin. I have heard many ferritin reports from people in India this year that don't make any sense, so I suspect it is the testing that is the problem. Can you find another lab to do the test?

No sir, i have not had any MRI yet..

Sir plz suggest me the list of tests for which i should go.

I have tried many labs, but every time result differs.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:02 PM »
Hawa,

I'd suggest to tell your lab to give blood sample to Rainbaxy outlet for ferritin test.

Pratik,
Thnx 4 the suggetion.
Next time i'll go to rainbaxy.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
The tests are a liver MRI to measure liver iron concentration and a heart MRI or T2* to check iron levels in the heart. These are very important tests that can determine your true iron load.
Andy

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »
The tests are a liver MRI to measure liver iron concentration and a heart MRI or T2* to check iron levels in the heart. These are very important tests that can determine your true iron load.

Sir, thank u so much 4 ur guidence.
I'll go for ths tests as soon as possible..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk