Help from Indian friends

• 53 Replies

Offline ANI

Help from Indian friends
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
Dear All
I need from indain friend to tell me regarding the brand name and the compnay name for Vitamin E(natural) as suggested by Andy and also IP6(Phytic acid).
Rgds

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Help from Indian friends
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
Dear All
I need from indain friend to tell me regarding the brand name and the compnay name for Vitamin E(natural) as suggested by Andy and also IP6(Phytic acid).
Rgds
Hi,

For Vitamin E, I use Evion (or Avion I think, confused, but mostly it's Evion) is a great brand and I recommend it.

IP 6 is unfortunately impossible, or if not very hard to find and it's not a drug many Indians are aware about.

I've recently ordered it online from below site and it was delivered within 13-14 days:

http://www.seacoast.com/ip6-gold-with-inositol/ip6-international/120-caps/p157

It's very nice and I'm enjoying it. I'm feeling active all day long since I started taking IP 6 and the fatigue is now gone! Fatigue was past.

Moreover, I could also feel some improvements in my sugar levels.

I would recommend to order it as soon as possible as Christmas is neared and holidays may start soon, thereby may delay delivery.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »
This is indian website and the stores are in Pune and Mumbai, delhi
http://www.guardiannutrition.in/vitamins-supplements-best-vitamins-best-multivitamin-p-190.html
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline ANI

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
Thanks. I bought Evion drops from the medical stores. But for IP6, yes you are right, the medical stores owner does not seem to be acquinted with this medicine.  am not very comfortable ordering on line. may be some Indian companies are also making this drug with different trade names. We will have to keep asking them
Bye

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
Thanks. I bought Evion drops from the medical stores. But for IP6, yes you are right, the medical stores owner does not seem to be acquinted with this medicine.  am not very comfortable ordering on line. may be some Indian companies are also making this drug with different trade names. We will have to keep asking them
Bye
That's where many customers in India still fear when ordering online. Purchasing from well known sites is very safe. Your details is not exposed neither stored unless you allow them to.

And unfortunately, I doubt you'll find IP 6 anywhere in local medical stores.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:09 AM »
Evion is not natural Vitamin E - it is made by Merck in India - synthetic Vitamin E is alleged to cause heart issues with long term use.

You should only ask for natural Vitamin E capsules - many of the chemists and health stores carry this vitamin.

I switched to Natvie, which is natural Vitamin E capsules, along with some other minerals and vitamins. It is marketed by Abott in India, if I am not wrong.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 06:47:10 AM »
Evion is not natural Vitamin E - it is made by Merck in India - synthetic Vitamin E is alleged to cause heart issues with long term use.

You should only ask for natural Vitamin E capsules - many of the chemists and health stores carry this vitamin.

I switched to Natvie, which is natural Vitamin E capsules, along with some other minerals and vitamins. It is marketed by Abott in India, if I am not wrong.

Oh,

I did not knew that synthetic vitamin E can cause heart issues, especially Evion.

Thanks for the info Poirot.

I will check with the medical stores next time I go to buy medicines.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »
Dear Poirot,
If you have the medicine Natvie then please check that whether it is written as d alpha tochopheryl(Natural) or dl alpha tochopheryl (Synthetic).
There is no where written that Natvie C is NATURAL. you can check the following website.
This site is very helpful in finding any medicine branded or generic. Very helpful
http://www.medguideindia.com/search_brand.php#

I have personally bought medicine Natural E from gncindia.

Dear Pratik,
IP-6 is still difficult to find, even doc don't want to speak single word on it

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
Dear Poirot,
If you have the medicine Natvie then please check that whether it is written as d alpha tochopheryl(Natural) or dl alpha tochopheryl (Synthetic).
There is no where written that Natvie C is NATURAL. you can check the following website.
This site is very helpful in finding any medicine branded or generic. Very helpful
http://www.medguideindia.com/search_brand.php#

I have personally bought medicine Natural E from gncindia.

Dear Pratik,
IP-6 is still difficult to find, even doc don't want to speak single word on it

GNC India, is it available in local medical stores?

About IP6,

Yes Dharmesh, you're correct. Very few doctors might be hardly knowing about IP-6 and it's benefits in India. That's why I ordered it online and I feel good, so I'll continue to take it, as it has so many benefits including reversing diabetes and making glucose metabolism effective.

I will be also ordering L-carnitine shortly as Andy suggested.

Also it's sad that the insurance company that had tie up with my dad's company has now refused to pay the bills as they have now stopped paying for genetic disease like Thalassemia. Although I wasn't getting any compensation for these online drugs, but they help immensely so I'll continue to take them.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline ANI

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
Thanks. What is brand name of natural E of GNC India. Pl let us know

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »
GNC Vitamin E 400 mix. Available in some mall in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi. The following website have addresses.
By the way , frm where u r?
See this link,
http://www.guardiannutrition.in/vitamins-supplements-best-vitamins-best-multivitamin-p-190.html

Offline ANI

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
I am from jamshedpur. I have asked the  medical stores to get me this. Thanks and Bye

Offline Poirot

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 05:51:50 AM »
This is indian website and the stores are in Pune and Mumbai, delhi

Thanks for this link, Hanumant. I did not know that GNC vitamins were available in India - but this stuff is very expensive. Rs1600 for 90 capsules?

Actually, I have some doubts about Natvie, too - as they do not sell it as medicine - it is sold as "proprietary food" or a supplement - so, is not covered under FDA. So, they get away by just mentioning the mineral content, but not the source.

Evion 400 is Tocopheryl Acetate 400mg.

Cheers

Offline Poirot

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 05:57:07 AM »
Dear All
Rgds

Phytic Acid or IP6 is found in wheat, wheat flour, oatmeal, brown rice - essentially in the husks or shells of grains and some nuts. It is also present in Soy and soy derivatives.

Hope that helps as a natural source.

Cheers

Offline Poirot

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »
Doing some more research online, I came across this site:

http://www.goodlife.com/search.aspx?q=vitamin%20e

Has anyone dealt with this company's products?

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk