need help

• 6 Replies
need help
« on: January 03, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
i am a male of age 20 .
i want to join army so i want to get my haemoglobin to normal range (temporarily wud also do).
wanted to know if it is possible..
if yes can u please suggest how..??

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
What is your hemoglobin level?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:59:28 AM »
Hello ,

I have the same question too,

question number 1 :  my hgb is 12.7 and i should increase it for army (i think it must be 13.5).

any suggestion? (i have been taking acid folic and b vitamins from 4 months ago and the test in october it was 12.4, in november it was 12.6 and today it was 12.7.

another question :

question number 2 : i have thalasemia minor (beta) , do you think they will disqualify me even my hgb becomes 13.5 ?

question number 3: do you think they will give me a waiver for this problem? getting a waiver is hard?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:11:17 AM by nightflyer »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:32:30 AM »
Nightflyer,

The Hb threshold varies depending which country you are in, so I can't tell you how strict they are where you live or if a waiver can be provided. Thal minor should not automatically disqualify you, but low Hb may.

I would suggest a minimum of 2 mg folic acid daily, a B complex 100, and 400 IU natural vitamin E. If you can get wheatgrass in some form, take it. You may be able to find tablets. There is another supplement named resveratrol that you should also take if you can get it. Both are known to raise Hb levels in some patients. Now there is also one little trick you might consider when your Hb is going to be tested. The more hydrated you are, the lower your Hb appears to be, so make sure you are NOT well hydrated when your Hb will be checked. It's simply a matter of fluid volume and it affects the tested Hb level.
Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »
hello Andy

The U.S army website says they are in dire need of a skill that I can perform; do you think that will increase the chance that they will waive my lower hemoglobin level?  I want to keep my hopes up that I can get my hemoglobin up, but I'm realistic that I might have already peeked.  I appreciate all your recommendations, Andy, and I've started them. Except the wheat-grass and resrevatol, I have to figure out if we have that available in my country. I really wanted to know if someone has had the military waive low hemoglobin.

I hope to be in the U.S. in about 8 months, so I have time to try any long term methods to raise hemoglobin.  Thanks.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
Generally, the precautions with thal minors involve the air force. You may find this is not as stringent with the other services. I'm going to message a local recruiter that I know and see if he has any info.
Andy

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »
thank you very much Andy. I am waiting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk